1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not feeling as stupid as I did about reloadin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Questor, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Questor

Questor TS Member

I have to say that I felt somewhat foolish for getting into shotshell reloading on speculation that the prices of promotional ammo would go up in time relative to the cost of reloading. Fortunately I only had to wait about two days for that to happen.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Questor

You've got to enjoy reloading to make it worthwhile. Just doing it for the cost savings alone is not enough justification, in my opinion. You spend too much time in front of that reloader. If you don't enjoy it, its drudgery.

I've found reloading to be a hobby in and of itself. I like that I can craft a load you can't buy, and the fact that its a little less costly does help.

As a newby, hopefully you've gotten a Lyman manual, a reliable, accurate scale, and you're using them!

Tim

3. Questor

Questor TS Member

I do enjoy reloading. I have been a cartridge reloader for years, and have done some shotshell reloading, but just for making low recoil 20 gauge loads for my kids to shoot.

The new project is for trap shooting, which will keep me reloading regularly.

I'm in Minnesota.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is important to remember to shoot all day and reload all night. It is also important to have at least one reloading machine in your bedroom. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.