1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not enough money for schools???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well it is back to school time. Every year around this time we see a diatribe on the local news about how the schools don't have enough money. Gee, not enough money being spent on education? Check out the above website on what the LA school district spent on one school.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Prima facia evidence of why Commiefornia is broke.

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Brian, I wish it was just limited to CA. Other states might not do it to the degree CA does but they aren't far behind.

You should see the high school in my area. Olympic pools, tennis courts, hand ball courts, football stadiums, pratice football field, boys soccer field, girls soccer field (they can't share), baseball field, girls softball field, weight rooms for football and wrestlers, basketball arenas...........

Every damn coach has their own seperate office. It just goes on and on.

They spent 250K to resurface a 1/4 mile running track!! Not build it. No grading, nothing wrong with old surface, they just wanted a new shiny track surface. I know to government 250K is peanuts, but think about it. There are probably 250 homes in that school area where the property tax is 1000 a year. Wonder if those people knew that all the property tax they paid for a year went to resurface a running track that only a few jock straps get to use?? They probably could of use the 1 grand more than the jocks.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Ooooooh but it will increase the little munchins test scores!!

Thats what they say around here when the dist. want more money or need to build a new building!

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's an idea for their lunch program.
    [​IMG]

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The public school system in this country is beyond criminal. Government run indoctrination centers staffed by unions.

7. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

Here where we live in ca , My grandson first year in high school he goes to school from 8:00 to 12:30. One of the classes he is required to take in this 4 hr.is some gooffy class called fit for life. I thank the govenator dreamed this one up.My grandson is on the water polo team and gets a lot of exercise, he is 5 11 and weighes I think 140 or one 150 and by the state of ca he is almost over weight, I guess that they want all of the kids to looklike the govenators wife. They first day in this class all they did was learn how to enter the class room, the whole hour.My grandson told me that their was one overly weight black girl kept saying over and over, I'm gonna call my mama,I'm gonna call my mama. talk about stupid.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Interestingly the State of Oregon faces a budget shortfall that is LESS than what the LA school district alone is facing.

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Our school system just issued 25 million in bonds to pay for a football stadium to be fancier than the one at the next town over. We have over crowding, high drop out rates and graduates who cannot read, write or speak english. We also have made schools specialized; ie: one whole building is for kindergarden, one whole building is for 6th grade, one whole building is for 7th grade, etc. Of course now it takes several different buses to pick up the children from a single house. Now that the economy is so bad, they are increasing property taxes on whoever still actually owns their house every year. The inmates are running the asylum.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Most of the money goes to the teachers many of whom are left-wing idealists who try to indoctrinate our children with radical leftist ideals. In this time of reduced scholl budgets, less is more - less money means less time tocorrupt the kids with their liberal ideals.. Let the teachers teach the subjects in the sylibus (sic). That;s all they have time for. Let the parents handle the rest!

11. pdq

pdq Member

Add to that the thousands of private, Catholic, and other religious schools around the country where:
    -- parents pay school taxes to support public schools
    -- parents also pay tuition to the schools
    -- quality of education is higher
    -- quality of discipline is better
    -- dropout rate is lower, almost absent in many
    -- teacher pay and overall compensation is less than public schools
    -- teachers aren't union

I know there are/maybe public schools that outperform the above, but in general I think the above is on target. BTW -- my ex-wife is a public school teacher, my 2 stepchildren are public school teachers, and we have many friends who are also teachers both public and private. Listening to their debates can be pretty interesting.

Pete

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We should have kept the government out of education. Big government destroys everything it touches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.