1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Not able to post in a thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bombadillo, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bombadillo

bombadillo TS Member

So I'm curious as to this forum format as to why it won't let me post a comment or question on anything. I am attempting to ask a question, and it'll let me sign in, but as soon as I go to a topic that I've searched for, it makes me go back to the main page and not let me post a response or anything. How does this site work in that regard, and is it a low post count thing or something? Any help would be good. I'm trying to post in the first 2 threads that I've searched for in the google search "Browning recoil reducer" and ask a question there, but to no avail.

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Well you have posted here... What do you mean by searching in google search for browning recoil reducer?

Did you search on this actual site, or on google?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think what he has done is searched in the forum "Google" search for a subject he was interested in. Then when he found it, he attempted to post on that old thread. I'm not sure that is possible.

Since you obviously know how to create a thread, why not just create a thread of your own with the question you want answered. Make sure to post the question in the proper category and give it a little while. I have yet to have a question go unanswered when given ample time for the right people to see it.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Something funny is going on, I'm not able to start a new thread currently...

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Bomb I think you will find that when you use the first Google search window on this site. It searches the entire internet.

Where as if you search the second search window it searches the TS.com threads only. They are accessible from this site. The entire web search is read only or none accessible.

Bob Lawless

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Bob, I think you are right. I was in a hurry and went to search and typed in the google area by mistake. Mike.

7. ivanhoe

Mike I use the search functions of this site quite a bit. That has been my observation.

Using the Google search I can (almost) always find what I want, but it isn't always on TS.com.

Bob Lawless

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Not sure what you're asking.

Use the NEW SEARCH feature for TS.com threads. Not the google, or old search.

Open the thread and at the bottom click on View Complete Thread. Then you should be able to "Reply to forum Thread".

When you use google and find TS.com threads, a lot of them are old and out of the archive data base, and you will not be able to open them up.

Wayne

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Start your own "Browning recoil reducer" thread and maybe you'll get your answer, or a link to it. Good luck.

Also, make sure you are signed in to the board, or it won't allow you to reply.

10. ivanhoe

When I search ed with google I got two threads that use your subject "Browning recoil reducer".

The first is F/S: Browning Recoil Reducer

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/smessage.cfm?messageid=1120510

The second is F/S: Browning Recoil Reducer

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/smessage.cfm?messageid=1120510

As instructed above click on view entire thread it will put you in your subject just like you are here now. You will be able to respond to the threads.

Bob Lawless

11. bombadillo

bombadillo TS Member

So Ivanhoe, I got the same results, but the only problem was that I couldn't post in either of the threads there. Is it because they were closed or something? The weird thing is it didn't give me the option to reply to any of what was there. Thanks for all the help and answers guys, new to this format of forum, and I'm used to Vbulletin or a couple others. This is a MUCH older format I believe.

-Casey

12. ivanhoe

Casey I gave you the web addresses if you paste one of those into your browser you will get a thread. In the case of the second address if you look just under the last picture it says "View Complete Thread"

If you click on that you will see all the post in the thread and at the bottom of that there is a message window just like there is in this thread. You should then be able to post to that thread.

When you search for something on this site with the intention of posting to that thread. You should use the second search function Marked "New Search" you will have more success.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.