1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

nosey neighbors and the trouble they can cause

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 29, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I am sure most of you at one time or another have experienced nosey neighbors. In my case I have one that can not stand that I clean my guns in my garage. I told her if it bothers her, don't look.

A year or two ago here in Wisconsin a guy had some nude pin ups on his wall of his garage and a neighbor called social services because he has under age children. He liked to work on cars and the garage door was up and a neighbor saw them. If memory serves me right social services actually removed the children from the property for a short time. Any one from Wisconsin remember actually what happened in this case?

Regardless, nosey neighbors can and do cause problems for some people especially gun owners at times. One guy a block down from me usually had deer hanging in his garage during deer season and a neighbor called the police on him.

Have any of you experienced nosey neighbors and how do you deal with them?
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I had a VERY strange lady(?) living next door to me several years ago. Her husband wasn't a bad guy, but every time my wife hung laundry out on the line to dry, he started a fire in his incinerator, burning the most vile, toxic smelling things you have ever smelled. Needless to say, the laundry stunk, and had ash all over it, so it had to be rewashed. I'm pretty much convinced he burned because she told him to. She kept track of everything our kids did, and always told us what she observed, if she didn't like how much fun they were having. When her grandkids came to visit, they ran wild, but were never spoken to or discplined.

She called the bylaw enforcement office one time, because my neighbor had a fire in his incinerator, and she didn't like him, because he ran his towing business out of a building on his property. The incinerator and fire were perfectly okay, but she claimed he was burning toxic materials from towed vehicles, so an inspector had to come out to check things out, and bother my neighbor with an interview and followups. She felt that having tow trucks and drivers in and out lowered the tone of her neighborhood, I guess.

The thing that REALLY got my back up was that she would phone us at 10 PM and let the phone ring twice, then hang up. This was a reminder that our hot tub was on, and she wanted it turned off. She claimed that the sound of the pump motor kept her awake, but not because it was loud. She claimed that the sound of the motor travelled through the rubber mat insulator it sat on, through the concrete pad and into the soil, then through the soil about 40 feet, into the foundation of their house, up into the exterior walls, the floor joists, and through the subfloor and flooring, into the legs of her bed, through the frame, boxspring and mattress, and then her pillow, keeping her awake. At this point, when we realised how crazy she really was, we started turning off the hot tub motor most nights, because we didn't know, nor did we care to find out, what would happen if we didn't. Luckily, they moved away after about a year or so. The young couple who moved in were a HUGE improvement, as they were friendly, and they both hunted, fished, and drank beer, and didn't really care what we did with our hot tub, so we were ecstatic to have them for neighbors.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I would just get even with bad neighbors, and did so even as a kid. The best was back in the days before cable. I made a spark gap generator (a primitive Morse code radio transmitter) from a car ignition coil. It would throw static on every radio and tv in the neighborhood. Kept it under wraps until the Superbowl. I could see them huddled around the tv in their living room. So I started keying the transmitter at random and putting bad static all over their screen and in their speaker. They'd get up and turn the channel to another station and back, then turn the set off and back on, fiddle with the antenna connection, slap the tv cabinet, and finally get up on the roof and try realigning the antenna. finally they started going door to door asking if anyone was operating a saw or power tools. I said no, because that was the truth. The grand finale was I let up for the last few minutes, then when the final game deciding play went into action, just hammered the key non-stop. They were just going beserk.

Bottom line - Don't tick off nerdy kids. They'll use science to get even.

4. senior smoke

Sailor:
    I once had a crazy neighbor like that. Hope I never have one again.
    Steve

Brian:
    That would have drove me nuts.
    Steve

Jayzap:
    That's understandable.
    Steve

5. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Best way to fight nasty busybody neighbors is in court. When I moved in here the petit tyrants hit me at least 3 times a summer for a 'covenant ( as interpreted by the committee ) violation'. Nit picky crap that didn't amount to a lot but they sent their letters and I did what they asked. I looked around and saw that the things they were complaining about on my property weren't being complained about on other peoples property and so I got to comparing notes. It seems that these tiny ToJo's were picking on Veterans and I was easy since I have a disabled vet tag on my truck. They hit my last nerve about 6 years ago by claiming that my 8 ft. ladder outside my garage was 'bringing down property values'. I told the limpdick pissants I would answer them in court and I did. The 'covenant nazi' went before the Judge with her tame Lawyer and put on a good show, pictures and narrative description, circles and arrows, history of my previous 'violations' and a package going back 15 years. Judge asked her if "these 'violations' were in covenants that were filed with the Court." "Yes" she said. He said "and when did you file them?" She said "1st of the month." Judge said "This month?" she said "yes." Judge said "Did 51% of the property owners approve of the filings?" You can start to see where this is going. The filing was 2 months after the letter of 'violation' was sent. Judge asked her to PROVE her claims that my ladder was 'bringing down property values'. She couldn't. Judge wiped the floor with her silly ass and judged for me. Made the Association pay my court costs and take down the 'as interpreted' covenants.

Most folks are made afraid of the baby hitlers that run the HOA's and "Community Organizations" because of their absurd rulings that are allowed to stand. Take their silly butts to court.

Don T.

6. Brian in Oregon

That's why I will never own a home in an HOA. Why should I subject myself to ANOTHER de facto layer of government ruling my life? Because that's exactly what an HOA creates. A neighborhood government.

7. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

The bi**h that lived across the street from me when I was a kid, once accused me of shooting her front window with my BB gun, My dad was livid, took my gun away, until I proved the crack was on the inside pain of glass. Now I was a good shot, but I couldn`t shoot around corners. Old nosy used to defog the window with a hair dryer, so she could check out the neighbors, and she over heated it in the winter.

She`s in the nut house now, and I`m sure after 50 yrs. the statute of limitations has run out, so I`ll admit the next winter it took 3 shots to hit the window in a corner so the outside pain cracked all the way across. That time it got blamed on the snow plow kicking up on stone. "Revenge is a dish better eaten cold"

Brian, good one

Tommy.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We have a nut case that lives to our north and an obummer lover to our south, so I guess we have two nuts cases, but the obummer lovers I can tolerate, but the a hole to our north I just ignore

We have 45 acres we bought in 95, the neighbor to our north is still mad because he thought the two old maids that owned the land were going to give it to him when they passed as they had no family to give it to, and he has never gotten over it. He is a spitting image of the unibomber idiot, his wife died a few years ago, and he didn't even go to her funeral. We have speculated that he killed her and if he didn't actually do it she was pretty sick and he just neglected her. She was a real nice lady and friends with my wife, my wife had asked her why she doesn't divorce him as they pretty much hated each other, but it was because they were Catholic, and divorce wasn't allowed

It was too bad, she would probably still be a live

9. APrice

APrice Active Member

We had a bad one in my neighborhood. She was a couple of doors down from me and I didn't have any problems with her, but others did. She was constantly turning them in for nit picky HOA violations. All of a sudden all of her car tires starting losing all their air overnight. Things didn't change much, so all her shrubbery got cut off level with the ground (must have been the deer!). She then had video cameras installed to cover all of her yard. Unfortunately, the cameras & recording equipment burned up one night with the rest of her house. The moral of this story is: Don't push your neighbors too far.

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

You sure thats original A? Jeff

11. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Im fortunate to live on a pretty large tract of property that is fenced with 4 foot high chain link all the way around.I normally run my dogs between 5 and 6 am and about 10:30 at nite.I was spotlited on my own property by three different people and none of them law enforcement needless to say those folks feel I have a pretty bad attitude now and of course they were looking out for my interests when doing the spotliting and I had never met any of these so called neighbors.Just nosy people with their own interests in mind.Shoot well George

12. darr

darr Well-Known Member

One of my friends from the gun club told me a story about cleaning his guns in his driveway. A neighbor called the cops. A female cop shows up. He had a Glock broke down. The same model as hers. She had no idea they came apart. He ended up cleaning her gun for her.

Darr

13. Brian in Oregon

Catpower, speaking of rural neighbors, down the road from my mother-in-law's ranch a friend has a neighbor gal who is landlocked from the nearest stream. She can't afford to drill a well and has no ground level water source. So she's been trespassing on neighboring properties and running hoses to the stream. The neighors are constantly cutting the hose off at the property line and disposing of it. So now she's run a road out onto the BLM land and is laying underground hoses to the stream, telling all the neighbors that the BLM land is her property. This should be interesting because the last time someone nearby built a road on this BLM land they made him FULLY restore it, and that meant getting rid of moved earth, filling cuts, removing gravel and replanting trees and foliage.

14. Brian in Oregon

Darr, it's pretty sad when a cop doesn't know how to clean his or her own gun. Their life depends upon it.

15. senior smoke

APrice:
    Remember the gal with the big red bush? She likes me now as a neighbor because I will always help her when she's cutting the lawn. My wife is mystified why I help her as I usually don't like most of my neighbors. I guess you would have to see her cut the lawn to understand.
    Steve

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow Steve...it appears you really have the pulse of tS.com under your thumb.

(Does ogling the girl with the Big Red Bush make you "nosey?" Better keep your nose out of that bush, or you'll be looking for a new neighborhood!

17. APrice

APrice Active Member

Yeah Steve, I remember. You gonna post a photo (of the bush)?

18. senior smoke

The big red bush borders my drive way, and yes she finally trimmed it.
    Steve

19. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Yes, Steve!!! Please give us some pix's. You know the old saying a picture is worth a thousand words. LOL. break em all. Jeff

20. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I deal with neighbors by living atleast 1/2 mile from any of them, we get along great!!!

Search tags for this page

crazy neighbors wauwatosa wi

nosey and nit picky neighbors
peoole who slap their nozey neighbor