1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Northwest Shot Manufacturing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Calkidd, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Can someone please shed a little light on this subject. I called over 6 weeks ago asking if I could buy a ton of shot. I was willing to drive out of my way to a gun club to meet them and pick it up. I was told that someone had been injured and they were not delivering at this time. I said I would call back in a month, in which I did, and left a message asking for someone to call me back. Nothing.

I called today and the phone just rang with no one or no answering machine. They produce very reasonable shot at reasonable prices and so far as I know they are the only few manufactures that "re-drop" reclaimed shot.

Does any know if they are currently operating and/or delivering?

Bryan
  2. Calkidd

Really? All of you that looked at this thread have no idea?
  3. cunninmp

cunninmp TS Member

Bryan,
    They have been around a long time. I'm sure there is just a glitch somewhere.
    Which club were you going to pick it up at???
    Maybe I can help out.

Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA
  4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You tight ass, just buy some new shot.
  5. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

Nothing like Brotherly love...LOL

Rick in MT
  6. skeezix

skeezix Member

Pretty sure that Connies sells NW shot. You might call them for a pallet price ($31.99 / bag for an 80 bag buy).
  7. Ron M

Ron M TS Member

I picked up shot from NW shot yesterday. I called last week and added
    my order to one he took to central ca. it worked out great. I think he often works
    all alone plus deliveries so call until you get him. I did get an answering machine
    on one call
    Ron M
    Northern ca
  8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Bryan, Ron's right; see my PM to you......breakemall
  9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Larry is just busy - call him early in the morning and go to his place and pick it up. His shot is good stuff and he is a good guy. He dont take no sh&& so dont piss him off but he is just larry
  10. Jeff P

Jeff P Active Member

ditto that...we bought 10 tons to ship to alaska. Larry was great to deal with - he even dropped our shot off in Seattle because he was running a big load to Connies.
  11. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

About the last 5 years that is all I have shot in Alaska it is tough to get the New stuff and not pay 45 dollars a bag.There is no differance in performance in Northwests verses any other it works just fine.
  12. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

I think the assumption made above that all other brands of shot are made from "new" lead and I have a lot of trouble believeing that. Even if so, would that be better than re-dropped factory made shot??

I have had a lot of personal experience with Larry Stockman over the years and have been using his shot for a long time, along with just about everyone else in CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, etc. If it wasn't for him, we would all be paying $40.00 or more for a bag of shot, even the Argentine and Chile made stuff that has been imported at various times, and sometimes in a "pre-corroded" condition by the time it got here.

Even at it's current price level Larry's shot is hands-down the cheapest shot in the country and is pretty good stuff. I have measured (w/micrometer) samples of his shot from every bag I've opened for a long time and it does generally run a little large per size, but the heck is wrong with 7.5's for anything but loading .410 and 28 ga. stuff. It is very round and if you get the opportunity to watch it being made as I have many times, the finished shot rolls down the inclined plates and jumps the gaps that slower, out-of-round pellets fall into to be remelted and dropped.

Price wise, Larry could have easily asked $$ in line with other prices around the country but he continues to keep it substantially below others, which are not hardly available in these areas anyway. For example, a new Sportsmans Warehouse store just opened here in Redding, CA. Overall their prices are not bad, but the shot they carry is $42.00 a bag for any amount. One of the ways Larry keeps his prices down is that personally he probably does 75% of the work involved with making and delivering the product. He is a pretty good innovator with his process of making and bagging of shot and does just about all of the pickup and delivery himself.

What Cubancigar2000 said above is pretty much spot on...that is, if you treat him right, he'll treat you right. No, I'm not his nephew or brother-in-law, nor do I own any of his operation, but I can tell you that he works his tail off keeping all of us in pretty decent shot. Now I know someone will come back on this and ask what the Antimony content is and and the fact is that a very high percentage of his product was originally "new" factory made shot and the answer probably is that whatever was in that is what is in there now, or at least pretty close.

Larry Addison
    Redding, CA
  13. Calkidd

I have exclusively used his shot. During my good days I shoot high 90's in caps and singles with it.

I got a hold of Larry. He had recently under gone surgery and just as he recovered from that he got the flu. He is still delivering and is keeping me in mind.

Anyone need some shot?
  14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Nice write up larry. You did a better job than I did LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.