1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Northwest Ohio ATA Shoot June 12, 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tweety1, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Williams County Gun Club, Montpelier, Ohio is having an ATA shoot on Saturday June 12, 2010. We will start Doubles around 9:30 a.m. followed by Singles then Handicaps. Make sure your average cards are up to date and you state your catagory. We will be giving leather product away for this shoot and we want to make sure everyone is classified correctly. We would hate to cheat anyone out of some leather because they don't have their card up to date.
    We are asking this from everyone so it will make the end of the day go alot smoother. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
    Hope to see you on Saturday.
    The Heisler's
    Mary Jane and Johnny

2. tweety1

tweety1 Member

3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Bumpin for MJ

4. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Thanks for the bumpin up:) Couldn't get on this website yesterday morning so we will move it back up again.

5. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

We will be awarding really nice Shamrock leather shooting bags to each class winner in the singles event-AA,A,B,C and D. Additionally, we will be awarding nice leather products in the doubles as well as the handicap and HOA. Bring plenty of shells for shoot offs!!! This should be a fun day with some really great trophies. Roger

6. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

This club just ROCKS!!! MJ and John took full advantage of the OSTA's club trophy deal this year and ordered some beautiful Shamrock leather bags and other products. Shamrock will be at the Ohio State shoot this year so anyone that wins one of the Williams County trophies this weekend will be able to get their name embossed on it for free at the State Shoot. Remember these are class and yardage trophies so everyone has a chance at winning, not just the "big dogs".

MJ,

I plan on attending so let me know if you would like a hand with classification.

See you all there,

Don Cogan aka DuckDog

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

This is so great I started another thread about it.

When has a club this size ever given away such nice awards.

MJ if D.Dog classifies make sure he doesn't do his own, it just wouldn't look right.

Don

8. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

It appears the weather is going to cooperate...just a small chance of a shower, with temps on the warm side. Roger

9. tweety1

tweety1 Member

I won't let Duck Dog classify himself. Thanks for offering Don to help classify, I might have to let you help.
    On the awards for the shoot we felt that we needed to give something back to the shooters for putting up with the rebuilding of the club. We worked out of the taj for longer that what we thought. Hope to see you all on Saturday. Also there is a detour South of Holiday City, that is south of the turnpike on State Route 15. Not for sure how to get around it but you are all trapshooters I'm sure you can figure it out.
    Have a wonderful day:)

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Brand new club house, Shamrock leather bags for all classes. Sounds like a great shoot.

I don't think I will miss this one.

11. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

BigDon,

Great win at the team shoot and a nice pic in Trap and Field! If I shoot the way I shot the last day at the Buckeye NOBODY will be worried about my scores regardless of how I am classified! Got beat by the wife in both doubles (ouch!) and handicap. Now I gotta wear that little pink pin that says "Beat by the Girl". Sharon has to work Saturday so I am safe for this shoot.

Looks like good weather for Saturday. Where is Blizzard Brenner's forecast?

Don Cogan

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

MJ: I have to go to a graduation Sat. but I can sneak away for dbls and 16s if you could be so great, wonderful and sweet as to get me on an early 16 squad.

Don

13. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

This is the greatest club around. I do plan to attend, but I have to tell ya',,,,I'm sick and tired of not winnin' nothin' at this place!!!!!!!!!

I plan to be there, and dad-gumm i better get someting out of one of these events or I'm goin' jump in that lake and drown myself.... OH heck, I wouldnt be able to hold my head down that long, sure cant keep it on my gun either.

All joking aside, this IS a great club, great people.

Matt Nicol

14. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Hey Matt, who was the guy that won the big winter calcutta at Williams County? I think the same guy bought several shooters that placed in the money that day. Great guy! He donated a few hundred bucks to the youth program that day and bought a bunch of raffle tickets that help support the youngsters. What was that guy's name? Looked a bunch like you!!! Let me know if you want to meet for breakfast before heading out there.

Don Cogan

15. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Don: You always have a way of including eating with this shooting sport...you might want consider the food service business in your next career!!

I don't believe we will have any snow or blizzards on Saturday. Slight chance of a shower but I believe we will be fine. Roger

16. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Big Don, do you want a Doubles squad also? What post would you like and I will get you signed up for the singles? If you want you can pm me and I will check the computer sometime tonight or first thing in the morning.

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

18. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Roger please keep the rain and wind gods away until we are finished today:)

19. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

I have cut a deal with the rain gods to stay away until later this afternoon...best I could do!! See you there, Roger

20. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Had some big winners yesterday. Doubles Class A Dirk Meckstroth, B Dave Hohenberger over Tom Heisler, C Rob Taylor, Singles AA Dave Berelet over Larry Dirkerson (forfeit), A Kevin Countryman, B Ted Janeda over Charlie Reitzel and Mike Early, C Greg Johnson, D Jon Lantz. Handicaps 19-21 Greg Johnson and he also earned a yard, 22-24 Rob Sikole, 25-27 Ric Brandt. Dave Berelet was our HOA winner with Dirk Meckstroth runner up by one bird. Senior Vet award went to Phil Funkhouser over Skip Shufelt, Vet to Big Don Hoffman, Sub Junior-Junior to Tyler Johnson over Trent Czartoski and Lady went to myself. We had great attendance for what the weather looked like for the day and Roger did a great job of keeping the rain gods away for the day, we didn't get any rain until late last night. Jon Lantz will represent Williams County Gun Club again this year at the Ohio State shoot for the Directors Cup. Jon broke a 100 straight last year and did it with a 99 this year. It should have been a 100 again this year because he dusted the heck out of that 65th target he missed. I was on his squad. Congratulations to Jon and all the winners!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.