1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Northern Virginia trap clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mwmd, Aug 9, 2013.

1. mwmd

mwmd Member

Greetings,

I just relocated back to Northern Virginia. Was wondering what a good trap club would be to shoot some practice trap on weekends. I have seen the VA trap web site, looks like a lot of good options! Tnx in Advance

Mike W

2. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Mike,

Most are private-Fairfax and IWLA. PG County in MD has a public range as does Bull Run in Manassas. All are open to the public for registered shooting, of course.

Dean

3. mwmd

mwmd Member

Thanks Dean!

mw

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

HOW EVER FairFax and IWLA does shoot for practice during the week. Call them and see what time they do. In our club we welcome new shooters all the time. They may do the same even if your not a member. We are a friendly group.

5. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Pg county GC in Md has trap, skeet and sporting clays, and a wobble 5 stand ..thats if you want to mix it up a bit. It owned by the county so its open to the public.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Public ranges: Bull Run is in Centreville. Their trap range is ok for just casual shooting. I see more serious trap shooters hang out at Prince George's Country Trap and Skeet (in Maryland) than at Bull Run. I never recalled Bull Run holding any registered trap shoots, at least since I have been shooting there (mid 2008) just registered sporting clays shoots. Does anyone know when they hold registered trap shoots there?

There is an all around long range rifle/handgun/shotgun range in West Virginia, just past Charles Town.

http://peacemakernational.com/

It's slightly over an hour from Dulles Airport. Although they sell memberships, you can still shoot as a non-member on some of the "open to the public" ranges. If I was more into rifle and handgun shooting, I would make the trip out to this place more often. I only shot sporting clays there and thought it was a nice place, especially considering there isn't a lot of ranges within an hour or two drive of DC that where you can shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays as well as handgun and rifle all in one place.

If you need to buy shotgun shells in bulk (Rio, Estate, Kent), contact Sam Work. I think right now, Kent stopped making target shells for the year so for bulk shells, it's either Rio or Estates. Contact him for current pricing:

Sam Work

TeamWork Shooting Sports

Stafford, VA

Phone: 703-626-8490, swork2@comcast.net

7. chemist

chemist Member

If you can contact Fairfax and get the chance to shoot therein, they are the nicest group. I have not had a chance to go back but i shot with Lacy and his wife on a cold day and they were great hosts.

Rich kaplan - chemist

8. mwmd

mwmd Member

All good info tnx!

Mike W in Vienna, VA

9. BigTractor01

BigTractor01 TS Member

Mike,
    Winchester Gun Club has Open Shooting on Tues Nights and Saturday After 12PM
    Tuscarora Club Gun in MD (North of Leesburg off of RT 15) has Open Shooting on Wed Nights and Sat Mornings.

dave

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Are you in Northern Virginia close to the American Legion Bridge or closer to the Point of Rocks Bridge?

Search tags for this page
northern virginia skeet shooting
places to skeet shoot in northern virginia
skeet and trap northen virginia
skeet shooting northern va
skeet shooting stafford va

trap shooting

trap shooting 22201

trap shooting northern virginia