1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**** NORTHERN ILLINOIS ZONE SHOOT ****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cle, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cle

cle Member

**** NORTHERN ILLINOIS ZONE SHOOT ****

ST. CHARLES SPORTSMEN’S CLUB – Elburn, Illinois
    Saturday and Sunday, September 13th & 14th
    Saturday – 100 Doubles & 100 Handicap ***** Sunday – 200 Singles
    Full Program at www.scsconline.org/pdfs/Northern_IL_Zone.pdf
    Presquad FREE at www.presquad.com
    Added Prizes for Jrs. & Sub Jrs. and Out of State Shooters
    2008 ATA Gun Club of the Year Award Winner

2. mrjim22

mrjim22 Member

Has to be a 2008 shoot.
    2009 does not start until Nov. 1 of this year.

jim

3. cle

cle Member

Yes, these are 2008 targets. However, the ATA is recommending that all targets shot after the 2008 Grand but before the TY start on 11/1/08 should be counted toward 2009 target minimums for State, Zone shoots, Satellite Grands, etc.

2009 ISTA stickers will be on sale at this shoot, but are not required to participate. 2008 stickers are still valid.

4. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

How many traps are you using? How will they be sent out. I am pre-squadded and am trying to determine how much time I need before I shoot to get up there.

Thanks

5. mrjim22

mrjim22 Member

CLE

You are right. But the operative word is RECCOMMENDING.
    I could never understand why the ATA moved the start of the year to Nov. 1. It really hurts us here in the midwest and other parts of the country that only have a limited season due to weather. It also shortens the year to eight months to get your targets. Hard to due when most clubs in these areas do not offer registered shoot from October to March, meaning you probable will have to travel, leading to alot more expense.

This whole thing is occuring at a time when attendence at shoots seemingly is falling off. I haven't seen the final numbers but the overall attendence to the Grand this year had to be down. There was never a need to use all the banks (maybe they didn't have enough staff to utilize them). In addition there was an obvious decrease in the attendence of Vendors. I wonder what the November 1 start date will do to the Grand in 2009? {Is this an attempt by the ATA to move the Grand to somewhere else ??!!)
    Anyway, they have it right for 2010.

jim

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

can a guy shoot that dosen't have an ISTA sticker??, I live in IL but do all my shooting in WI.

what is the cost of the sticker?

tony

7. cle

cle Member

The Northern Zone Shoot will be shot over three banks of 2 fields each. Bank 1: Fields 1 & 2 -- Bank 2: Fields 3 & 4 -- Bank 3: Fields 5 & 6. Pat Traps on all fields and Doubles on all fields. Doubles: 25 pair & move --- Singles & Handicap: 25 targets; reload & another 25 targets -- move one field and repeat.

All Illinois residents who shoot registered targets in Illinois must be members of the Illinois Trapshooters Association (ISTA). Membership is shown by an annual "sticker" affixed to the shooter's blue ATA card. A 2008 sticker - in this case a WHITE sticker -- is required to shoot in the Northern Zone Shoot. Both 2008 and 2009 stickers will be available at this Northern Zone shoot. Cost is the same -- $10. 2009 stickers will be available as a convenience but are not required for this shoot, but will be necessary after November 1, 2008 and for all Illinois shoots from 11/1/08 through August 31, 2009. Annual sticker purchase is NOT required of ISTA Life Members.

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

with 1 month and 1 shoot left in this target year, would a 2009 year sticker be accepted?

tony

9. cle

cle Member

For the Northern Zone Shoot a 2008 ISTA sticker will be required of all Illinois shooters. As the 2009 TY does not begin until 11/1/08 stickers for 2009 would not be valid during the 2008 TY. However, Zone Directors will be at the Shoot should some other policy or decision be required.

10. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Do you offer any camping facilities? If not, do you allow primitive camping?

Thanks

11. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

Hello WindyCity,
    We have areas for primitive camping.

12. cle

cle Member

The St. Charles club has lots of camper/trailer parking....but no hookups. Also, lots of space for tent camping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.