1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** NORTHERN ILLINOIS ZONE SHOOT - CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cle, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cle

cle Member

Northern Illinois Zone Shoot - St. Charles SC, Elburn, IL. September 13 & 14 has been cancelled.......all day/all night storms & heavy rain. Rescheduled for St. Charles SC, May 16-17, 2009. Contact above for further information.

2. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hats off to our Northern Zone directors for a wise decision. Trying to shoot this would have been unfair to the shooters, the hosting club and the ISTA. Harv.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Cle:

Everyone knows you do a lot of prep work for your events... no one could have expected weather of this magnitude affecting northern Illinois this year.

Plus its not over... It'll be interesting to watch how Ike comes up the Mississippi Flyway... the Downer's Grove handicap shoot is next week and I'll bet they are watching closely as well.

regards my friend,

Jay

4. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Disappointed they took so long to cancel, they knew about the rain for a long time.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

1001:

How would you have felt had they cancelled the shoot a few days earlier and it ended up just sprinkling for a few hours?! Its a losing situation for both the host club and the customers...

Jay

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I invested a two hour drive after they told me they would shoot in the rain, I showed up and that wasn't the case. To be honest I have never been to a shoot that was canceled because of just rain...........but I've only been shooting for six years. I have shot in the rain many times and didn't see what the problem was, but I didn't get there until 10AM, I did shoot at another club at 11:00 it wasn't that bad...................

7. Don S

Don S Member

Good call Cle. We couldn't even get out of our neighborhood, let alone drive to Elburn. Note below some excerpts from the Chicago Tribune Newspaper.

"After the rainiest day in recorded Chicago history, residents across the area faced more storms, closed roads and flooded basements Sunday as the remnants of Hurricane Ike were expected to arrive.

Saturday's rainfall, as measured at O'Hare International Airport, was at least 6.63 inches, breaking the city calendar-day record of 6.49 on Aug. 14, 1987. Records have been kept since 1871."

"In St. Charles, the Fox River climbed a foot above flood level and was expected to rise through Sunday, officials said. Salt Creek spilled onto Algonquin Road, forcing the evacuation of 40 families in Rolling Meadows."

8. missed

missed Member

With fooded roads, tornado warnings who would make a 2 hour drive without a phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!! The club experienced 5 flooded traps that made this shoot impossible, never had enjoyed shooting in the rain and wind with possible lightning. GOOD CALL

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't think the trap houses started flooding (sump pumps couldn't keep up)until after 8am or so.<br>
    Too bad about your wasted drive Tom, but not as bad as someone possibly electrocuted in a trap house so you could shoot. Harv Shell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.