1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Northeast gun trying?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mjp87, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjp87

mjp87 TS Member

Hey everybody, I am a new member here and completely new to the gun world. I am interested in purchasing a new gun for trap, however, I was wondering if there was a place to try out different guns before purchasing them. If there was a shop anywhere in the Northeast, (tri-state area would be best) that have demos. Any help would be appreciated. I am interested in Browning, Beretta, Caesar guerini. I know some people say join a club and just talk to other members but I do not own any gun yet.

Thank you.

2. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I think you'll find that joining a club is a good investment if you're going to shoot a lot of targets, and you want to learn how to do it well sooner than later. By joining a club, you'll meet many interesting people, have the opportunity to make new friends, and with a little research, seek out those who are generous, and more importantly, knowledgeable about the shooting discipline you wish to pursue. In the process, if you are reasonable and don't act the fool, you'll find the opportunity to shoot many different types of guns. If you merely go to a club occasionally as a guest, it's hard to make the relationships and garner the trust of the members. I've found that once friendships are made, the good guys will go out of their way, not only to let you shoot their guns, but to help you find one as well.

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

You may not have to join a club to talk with the members . Go to one of your local clubs and ask a few questions and watch what the better shooters are using . Don`t expect many to just give you their gun to try right off but at least you can get an idea what you may be looking for and there could be a sale board in the building with a few up for sale . What is others idea of the right gun may not be in your price range . Hope you have your ID card if needed in the state your in .

4. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

MJP87,

Where in the NE are you located? If your anywhere near me, just North of Philly, you could try a bunch of guns at my club.

Bob M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.