1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North West Iowa

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by james huffington, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

I am visiting in Rock Valley, Iowa for a couple of weeks shortly, would like to do some trap while there, does anyone know where and when this can be done, within a 50 mile radius ? I would appreciate your help along this line. Big Jim

2. ganger

ganger Member

big jim, We shoot at Rock County Sportsmans Club in Luverne,Mn on Tuesday nite. There is also a trap range in Alvord, Iowa, Lemars,Iowa, Worthington,Mn shoots on Wednesday nite. Crooks Gun Club, just outside of Sioux Falls,SD is a first class place to shoot and they are open 2 or 3 nights and Sundays. Hope this helps you. Ganger

3. duke76

duke76 Member

You can shoot at the Lemars Sportsmans club brand new facility this year on monday nights about 35 miles south east of Rock Valley

4. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Man, this is the part of the country where I grew up and learned to shoot trap in the 1960's. Nothing like a cold November turkey shoot, puller used a long pipe, targets were wide, shooting over a harvested corn field, and poor visibility. I swear, I was more proud of winning a few turkeys with this crowd than shooting a 50 or 100 straight. My little town was Hawarden (west of Le Mars about 20 miles). Nothing like league shooting on a cold night, sidewalk shoveled, and 50-75 people out shooting under the lights. Shooting paper Federals in my 31TC...good memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

iowa zone trap shoots in northwest