1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Hollywood ATA Shoot Saturday

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bomber61, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

The North Hollywood Sportsman’s Club with have our monthly ATA Shoot on Saturday February 16th. We will be shooting 100 16 yds. and 100 Handicap, lunch is included in entry fees.

To Pre-Squad e-mail Gary Bombalicki at gbomber@IQ-West.com or call him at 805-955-9471 before 8:00pm Thursday evening.

We look forward to see you all again.

Gary

2. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

3. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Gary: sure wish i COULD be there. nice day today. 4 degrees and windy with wind chill about -15. I'm sure your weather is better. motordoc

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Try out the new bridge! We have built a bridge across the stream so that even sports cars can now access the Club without a problem. Saturday is forecast at a sunny 70 degrees so it should be a great shooting day. Also, we will be using our 100 per field format on our 3 traps. Last month we ran 10 squads through for both singles and HC by 1:30. Each flight of 3 squads takes about 40-45 minutes to shoot so if you pre-squad, you can pick your starting time and not have to show up and stand in line at 8:00 am and then wait around. By example, squads 1-3 will go out about 8:45; 4-6 9:30; 7-9 10:15 and 10-12 11:00. We start the first HC squads as soon as fields are available.

We also, we will be throwing green targets for this shoot.

6. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Hey Joe,

It is really nice out here, I think in the high 70's today.

Gary

7. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

8. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

9. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

10. In plain view

In plain view Member

Phil: Will you be there?? Bob English

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Bob, probably safe. I thought the problem with the guy who reported he shot the skeet high house was caused by his being primarily a trapshooter and he didn't know that in skeet you stand on the side of the house where the targets come out.

Also, I figured he evidently thought you shoot skeet at about 80 yards but that's probably the distance he needed with his full choke trap gun to get a skeet pattern.

Turns out though that when he went before the Club's Trial Board for unsafe gun handling he cliamed that he lied in the email where he reported that he shot the skeet house. He suggested that all the visible pellets hits were probably the result of some idiot member training his bird dog who didn't have enough sense not to stand out in the field and shoot back at the Club buildings.

Not having seen the results yet, I don't know whether the Trial Board agreed with him that he lied in his first email or decided he looked them in the eye and lied to them at the hearing. Me, I don't know which of his stories to believe but I do know that someone shot the skeet house about the same time he said he did because I saw the physical evidence the next day.

If the Board says it wasn't him that shot the back of the skeet house, then me and OJ Simpson are going to start looking for the skeet house shooting SOB that did.

See you in Tucson, and drive safe.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We are upping our money added Jackpot Bonus to $200.00 if anyone shoots a combined 195 in Singles and HC. The Jackpot buyin is $10.00 and is split 60/40. We will probably have about $200 - $250 in buyins so that $200.00 could make a real good payday for a couple of good scores. We are going to have good weather so come on out.

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Tery,

If we thought you or Al was coming, we would bump that to a buck 98. Are you shooting Tucson?

14. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

See you in Tucson Terry.

Bomber

15. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We still have a few squad places open so come on out for a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.