1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Dayton, OH Gun Club Opinions Requested

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JAF1680, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

I've done many searches about clubs in the North Dayton, OH area. I am moving to the area this summer, and I am looking for a friendly club that doesn't mind female shooters (or even better already has female shooters). In the area, I've found New Carlisle Sportsman's Club, Clark County Sportsman's Club, Middleton Sportman's Club, and a few others. Can anyone tell me what kind of atmosphere these clubs have? Are the receptive to new members?

Thanks,

Lisa

2. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Lisa, There all good clubs. Just go in and introduce yourself. I am sure you will be welcome. I live west of Cleveland, but have shot at some of them that you listed. If you head north. I will point you to great clubs up here too.
    Todd

3. ouch

ouch Member

Greene County fish and game is a very nice place to shoot with great people.

Wright Patterson has a really nice club.

And Middletown also is a great place.

Each of these are south of Dayton, But easily accessed from I-75,and I-675. (Bypass)

There are more clubs north of Dayton I am sure are nice. I see female shooters at each of the clubs mentioned and feel confident that each club will welcome you.

4. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I am a member of Middletown Sportsmans Club, great people and a great club.
    Not bad mouthing the other clubs mentioned, all great clubs.
    You can check out the website above.
    I know many women shoot this club....Ron

5. jfan517

jfan517 Member

Lisa all those clubs are great ones, and your only a little over an hour away from Cardinal Center just north of Columbus, one of the premier trap shooting facilities in the country.(my opinion of course) Check it out August 17 - 21 is the first big shoot up there (Cardinal Classic) you won't be disappointed.

6. DFoster

DFoster Member

Welcome to OHIO! I have shot at all the clubs listed and a few others all are welcome to Ladies. Another club north of Dayton is the Newport gun club, they have a shoot a month in the spring and summer, also Moulton gun club nice place to shoot and of course Middletown, and Greene County. Any one you choose you will not go wrong. Diane

7. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

Thank you all for the information. I'm going to try to check out a few when I come to look at houses in a couple weeks. I would like to find a place about half way between a nice trap range and my workplace. Does that make me addicted to trap? :)

Thanks again,

Lisa

8. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I think that makes you a normal trapshooter...Ron
    By the way the Cardinal Center has 3 big shoots

Buckeye Classic June 1-5

Ohio State shoot June 20-26

Cardinal Classic Aug 17-21
    I posted their website above

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you are an attractive female there isn't a club in the country that wouldn't have you as a member especially if you are a shooter ... Now, if you look like you got beat with an UGLY stick they might not be taking new members at this time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Chaning1

Chaning1 TS Member

Good to see another shooter coming to the area. As far as clubs go there are plenty left over from the heyday of the Grand American being in Vandalia. You can just about shoot every day of the week here if you would like I live 30min north of Dayton in Piqua. Piqua Fish and Game on Monday night. Newport Sportsman Club Tuesday night starting in the spring (League Shooting) Wednesday night Nashville sportsman's club, Thursday Greene County Fish and game, Friday Plesant Hill fish and Game, Saturday thru spring Middletown Sportsman Calcutta 50 bird shoot, Sundays it varies I am a member of a private club that shoots every other sunday so that's where I go but there are others around. E-mail me if you want directions or more information about the clubs! Chad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

women trap shooters in dayton ohio