1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Trapshoots - January - March 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FRedmon, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Happy New Year

Starting off the New Year with a bang the Old Hickory Rifle & Pistol Club in Bostic NC will host a BI50 Thursday January 6th....

The next registered shoot in the schedule will be held at the Rockingham Gun Club (Reidsville) NC the 16th of January.

FRedmon

2. Beni

Beni Member

Hey fredmon any of those shoots near rocky mount or wilson area , daughter lives in nashville. thanks beni

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Beni - there are shoots held at the Old Hickory Gun Club in Rocky Mount! They crank up a little later in the shooting schedule.

Hit the link above for info on that GC.

FRedmon

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Saturday January 9th earplugs will be made at Buckhorn. This is the fellow that provides plugs at our State Shoot and also for Law Enforcement and Public Safety.

He will be at the club around 1PM and will work until all sets are made. This is a great time to get some professionally made hearing protectors..

If you need more information you can call Jimmy Wilson at 919-604-8718....

FRedmon

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Saturday January 16th - Rockingham GC - Reidsville NC - typical 300 target program..

The weather for Saturday looks interesting with a high of 47..

FRedmon

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

This Sunday the Buckhorn Gun Club will host a typical 300 target program...

That is January 24th...

FRedmon

Picture taken at the January 2009 shoot...

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Two shooting events in NC this weekend....

Sunday - January 31st - Ft. Bragg GC - typical 300 target program..

Sunday - January 31st - Rockingham GC - Lewis Class (non-registered) 50 singles/50 caps - three Lewis style payouts. Start time 1PM +/-.....

FRedmon

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Attention:

Due to inclement weather the Ft. Bragg shoot and the Rock Lewis Class Shoot have been cancelled...

Freddy

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Picture was taken by Lane Murray January 29th at the Rockingham Gun Club. Club got approximately 11 inches of snow +/-..

FRedmon

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

This Thursday the 4th of February - The Old Hickory Rifle & Pistol Club @ Bostic will hold their Monthly BIG50 shoot.....

FRedmon

11. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Feb 13............300 bird Program Gastonia Park and Rec
    Opens at 9am.....shooting starts at 10am

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Two registered trapshoots this weekend in North Carolina....

Saturday February 13th - Gastonia Gun Club - typical 300 target program.

Sunday February 14th - Durham County Wildlife Club - Typical 300 target program.

FRedmon

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey everyone,
    As all of you seniors out there know, senior project deadlines are right around the corner! For my project I am organizing a charity shoot out at Shane's Sporting Clays in Summerfield which will be sponsored by Remington Arms. My goal is to raise around $1,000 to donate to Brenner's Children's Hospital. When I was in 5th grade a broke my femur in half and had to stay there for about a month and they took really good care of me (that's my reason for picking Brenner's). One of the other goals i had in mind for my project was to introduce people to the sport of shooting. This shoot will consist of 7 stations and 50 targets in total. You will need to bring your own gun and if you don't have one and want to come still contact me and we can work something out. The cost of shooting will be $30 for all high school students and $35 for any adults CASH OR CHECK ONLY. EVERYBODY will get two free boxes of 12 gauge ammunition. There will also be a chance to win a shotgun! Everyone is invited so BRING YOUR FRIENDS! No experience is necessary, so don't be afraid to come out and try something new! Donations are welcome! If you have any questions feel free to contact me: Cell: 336-543-3576 Home: 336-643-1287 or Email: trevor.thomas92@yahoo.com
    Thanks everyone and look forward to seeing you out there on the 27th!

14. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Gastonia Shoot has been canncelled....................for 2/13

15. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Also Gastonia has been cancelled for 3/13/2010 as per Pat Corinth..

FRedmon

Thanks SS for the email.......

Thanks Dean for the heads up......

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The 2-14-10 shoot at Durham county Wildlife Club has been CANCELLED due to the wet grounds and below freezing temperatures expected overnight. We apologize for the late notice.

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Thanks dickgtax for the info and here is what is posted on tarheeltrap.com..

As per Doug McKinney:

Due the National Weather Service's "Black Ice" advisory until noon on Sunday and the amount of water on and around the fields that will turn into ice over night we feel the only responsible decision is to cancel Sunday's Registered Shoot. We hope to see all of you on July 11th at the second day of the Doug House Memorial.

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Dave Shaeffer and Stephanie Sandler will be holding a two-day trapshooting clinic April 17th & 18th, 2010 at the Rockingham Gun Club near Reidsville NC.

For more information go to the website above..

FRedmon

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Three trapshoots in NC this weekend:

Saturday February 20th - Old Hickory Rifle&Pistol Club - Bostic - Typical 300 target program.

Saturday February 20th - Rockingham Gun Club - Reidsville - Typical 300 target program. Middle 50 purse $1500 +/-......

Sunday February 21st - Buckhorn Gun Club - Birthday Shoot - Typical 300 target program. Not sure what their middle 50 purse is at this time..

FRedmon

PS - tarheeltrap.com is experiencing some techincal difficulties....

20. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Looks like tarheeltrap.com is back up and ready to go...

If you are planning on attending the Shaeffer/Sandler clinic in April you better move fast. Go to Dave's website and download the shooter information package and get him a deposit no later than March 10th. This will get you locked in for the clinic and make sure that we fill all 10 spots.

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.