1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Trapshooting - October-December

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FRedmon, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

North Carolina Trapshooting - October-December<:>

Attention:

October 4th the Watauga Gun Club will host a typical 300 target program.

October 9th - 12th - NC Hall Of Fame Shoot At The Homegrounds

FRedmon

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

OCTOBER - Plan Now To Shoot In NC

4 BOONE

9 -- 12 NC HOF SHOOT

18 GASTONIA

18 -- 19 BUCKHORN

25 FT BRAGG

25 Buncombe County (Trap&Field Shows The 11th=wrong)

26 DURHAM

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

This picture was taken at the 2007 NC Hall Of Fame Shoot at the Homegrounds!

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Program info for the NCHOF at the Homegrounds:)

5. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The weather is looking great for the Hall Of Fame Shoot at the NC Homegrounds. Please come out and join for all of the shooting fun!

FRedmon

7. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Gastonia Park and Rec.........this weekend...10/18..300 bird program... reg at 9am

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Buckhorn Gun Club shoots Saturday & Sunday - Program to be announced.

FRedmon

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Looks like typical 300 target programs both days with a 50 bird handicap non-registered event Saturday.

Buckhorn GC

FRedmon

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Two trapshooting events in North Carolina this weekend!

The first official North Carolina registered trapshoot in the new "shortened" calendar year will take place at the Watauga Gun Club Saturday November 1st.

This is the last shoot of the year at the Watauga Gun Club and the event is lovingly called the "Chicken Wing Fling". Normally they will host a typical 300 target program and it looks like the weather will be tolerable even with the cold weather this week in the mountains. Hopefully Tom "SPY100" Pitts will post the program on the tarheeltrap.com website sometime tonight!

Sunday November 2nd the Rockingham Gun Club will host the "Red Dot Powder Shoot". 1 pound canisters will be given away for prizes along with a drawing for more 1 pound containers. Please come join us and take a look at all the work that has been done in the shelter behind traps 1 & 2. Tom Cox has been super busy getting all of this ready for this event! The program for this shoot has been published on the tarheeltrap.com website, so go take a look!

Looking forward to the second weekend of November we have two 1-day shoots. Saturday - Rocky Mount (typical 300 target program) and Buckhorns "Toys For Tots" shoot on Sunday. Folks we know that economy LOOKS iffy but from what we can tell gas is cheaper and folks are still spending money like it is going out of style. Come on out and bring a toy that will brighten the holiday for some less fortunate child! Jimmy would like to fill several tables full of toys and we will post some pictures to give you an idea of how it should look! Jimmy says THANKS in advance:)

11. BustClays

BustClays Member

Vote for McCain/Palin.

<a href="http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/rdrnr/?action=view&current=sarah.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

bustclays

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey bustclays - good post - I agree!

FRedmon

13. BustClays

BustClays Member

Thanks,

I actually had typed (then deleted) a rather verbose reply in rebuttal to some of the responses but I figured, "What the hell!" Why should I continue make an ass out of myself?

I am really jealous that you guys have such a great place to shoot. I moved to FL from rural NY and I now drive almost an hour to find a place to shoot. In rural NY I had 8 clubs less than 20 minutes from my house and really great guys to shoot with.

You're truly blessed to have your situation and to have guys who will "stick up for each other," as you guys do.

Dust 'em all,

bustclays

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Sir,

We shoot year round as you can probably tell. In NC we are like family and I would have certainly read and responded to your reply.

We really are not here to present a negative or bad image and we want everybody to visit our great state to shoot with us.

My Grandfather Jim Brown NC HOF 1991 promoted the sport by inviting, training and working in and around the sport.

I shot from 64-71 and was a ref in Pinehurst until it was shut down in 1994. I got back to shooting in 2001 and if you look me up I have blown a lot of $$ out the end of a gun!

We have been involved with tarheeltrap.com since 2002 and it isn't the best website but it can only get better. We promote trapshooting in NC with pictures and the written word!

Saturday I will pick up my 85 year old running buddy we lovingly refer to as the tailgunner and head to Denny's in Kernersville NC to eat. We will then head to Boone NC and shoot at the Watuaga GC and consume some chicken wings for which the event is named after.

Sunday we will travel to the Rockingham GC and run the 3S shoot program and register shooters for our Red Dot Powder shoot. I might also ref, load traps and will probably ref the doubles also. I will miss church that morning but will make it to church Sunday night.

I got a busy weekend and all the while we will try to do it with a smile. We will promote a safe shooting environment which you have made me much more aware of and thanks!

If you ever get a chance to visit NC we will welcome you with open arms and might even swap a few war stories and I hope you like BBQ.

jwoolsey and dmarbell are friends of mine and will both tell you that I have spent time with them regarding shooting and health issues. I care about them and as you gathered they care about me:)

No harm no foul and please feel free to contact me at anytime. PS - I work as a civilian business analyst for the local Sheriff BJ Barnes.

FRedmon

15. BustClays

BustClays Member

Maybe some day I'll come wandering down your road but not any day soon. Saturday I pack up with a bunch church folks and head on over to Galveston, TX. I don't know what we can do to help those folks but we plan on getting in their way for the next two weeks, until they can't stand us anymore, and return home to FL on 11/16. I'd appreciate any prayers your could send our way. Like I said, I don't know what we can do to help, but God certainly does, and he wouldn't send us if he didn't have a plan. So if you could just ask Him to make the plan clear to us, we'd be very grateful.

Personally, I make it to church just often enough to get my marching orders, the rest of the time I like to shoot (most anything that goes bang.)(I guess I cling to my guns and religion.)

Also a quick prayer for my son Jonathan, due to deploy to Iraq for the third time. He first went over in Feb. 2003 as a SGT. He'll return as a Capt. with his own company. He thinks near Tikrit, north of Bahgdad.

Thanks much, great "chatting" with you,

bustclays,

My son:
    <a href="http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/rdrnr/?action=view&current=JonBluesPic1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

One of my favorites:
    <a href="http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/rdrnr/?action=view&current=troopsguns.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

16. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Folks:

We have had 3 picture perfect shooting days in the state of North Carolina! Durham last Sunday and Watauga and Rockingham this weekend were great shooting days!

Of course the shoots on the 2nd and the 3rd of November count towards the 2009 target totals!

Saturday November 8th Old Hickory@Rocky Mount will host a typical 300 target program!

Sunday November 9th the Buckhorn GC will host their annual "Toys 4 Tots" shoot with 300 program targets and a special 50 bird non-registered handicap shoot!

Weather for the weekend looks like this:

Saturday - (69) Cloudy with a possible t-storm and winds 8-14 mph.

Sunday - (64) Partial sunshine with winds 7-13 mph.

That was an Accuweather forecast and the weather is subject to change so check the current local forecast.

Thanks for looking!!

FRedmon

17. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I looked a the weather again for this weekend and the temps at Rocky Mount will be in the mid-70's and wind both days at both locations are showing winds 6-11.

Looking better everyday for shooting in NC this weekend!!

NOVEMBER

22 Rockingham Lewis Class Shoot (non-registered)

22 DURHAM

22 OLD HICKORY@BOSTIC

29 GASTONIA

DECEMBER

7 ROCKINGHAM

13 FT BRAGG

14 Rockingham Lewis Class Shoot (non-registered)

28 BUCKHORN

FRedmon

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Folks check out that link above for a bit of video shooting with the PC.

The last set of targets are pretty challenging!

FRedmon

20. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Ok you doubles shooters listen up!!

This Saturday the Ft. Bragg GC will host a 600 target program!

100 singles and 250 pairs of doubles for your shooting pleasure!

Also, deep fried turkey lunch and all the fixins! It is almost like having Thanksgiving dinner a few weeks early without the wife telling you what to do next:)

Mash on the link above for all of the gory details!!

Thanks for looking!

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.