1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Trapshooting - July - September 09

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rea5339, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rea5339

rea5339 TS Member

Sir, I beleive the Old Hickory Rifle & Pistol Club BIG50 is on Thursday July 9

Ronnie

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Southern Zone starts today and we wish we could be there!!

FRedmon

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The Southern Zone Shoot Report has been posted on the website above!!

Two shoots in NC this weekend:

Saturday: Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic - Typical 300 target program

Saturday & Sunday - Buckhorn GC - Program to be announced

FRedmon

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Two shooting events in NC this upcoming weekend:

Saturday - Coharie Shooting League (Clinton) - typical 300 target program.

Saturday & Sunday - Watauga GC - Glenn Miller Shoot - Saturday Ironman - 300 handicap & 200 doubles for a total of 500 targets. Sunday (start time at noon) typical 300 target program..

FRedmon

5. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I would like to be on one of those 5 man teams if anyone wouldn't mind shooting with a transplanted damn yankee. How does it work ?. Do we have to be in Bostic to compete ?

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

There is one registered trapshooting event in NC this weekend.

The Watauga Gun Club in Boone NC will host a typical 300 target program amidst the mountain valley and babbling brook.

Your shooting adventure will include the likes of BamBam - Spy1 & Spy2 and of course the Morgmeister.

Always fun and exciting and now that Shelley has his baby doll cooking lunch it is rather tasty.

FRedmon

7. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I want to thank the people and management at the Buck Horn GC. for the great day I had on Sunday. The shoot management did just a super job the targets were great scorers were fun. Lunch was really good too :). I had a great day of shooting. You put on a first class shoot. Thanks again I'm lucky to have found such a good bunch of people in my new home of North Carolina.

Martin #0765881

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The North Carolina Hall Of Fame shoot was held in October last year and now it is in September.

It falls on the same weekend of my wife's family reunion on Sunday - I cannot win:-(

Anyway, the picture taken above (October) was a glimpse of the fall color that you can see at the NC Homegrounds!

FRedmon

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Greetings from the Quality Inn in Forest City NC. The first day of the NCHOF was "HOT" to say the least with some hot scores being posted.

Only "1" perfect score today and that was posted by Charlie Brown. There were 99's and 98's with Darvin Cornett posting one of the 99's.

There was "1" 96 in the caps and a slew of 94's I believe that were being shotoff when we left the grounds.

Doubles was interesting today and I do not know who won what? I believe Charlie Brown had a 90 and 88 was high in "A" Class.

I posted a picture above for you to see what you will get to shoot over if you attend the shoot for the weekend!

Anyway - have a great friday and we will try to get more info as time allows!

FRedmon

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Rick German posted the lone 199 today in the rain! Go to the website above for more info!!

FRedmon

11. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

3 registered and 1 non-registered trapshooting events in North Carolina this week.

1st - Old Hickory Rifle & Pistol Club - BIG50

3rd - Watauga & Coharie will host typical 300 target programs for your shooting pleasure. Coharie's MID50 pot is $1800 bucks and Mac (Like Monte Hall) says come on down!!

4th - Rockingham Gun Club - Lewis Class Shoot - 1PM start time! 50 singles and 50 handicap - 3 Lewis Class Payouts.

FRedmon

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Greg High Breaks His 1st 100 In Doubles At The Okoboji Indian Shoot!

Darvin Cornett called to tell me that Greg High posted his first 100 straight in doubles today at the Okoboji shoot at the Cardinal Center in Ohio.
    I asked Darvin how the weather was and he said "COLD". He stepped out of the 5th wheel this AM amidst 36 degree temps.

We hope to have more info from the Cardinal at a later date and maybe some pictures also!

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.