1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Trapshooting - January - March 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FRedmon, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Ok sports fans and they said it wouldn't last:)

Two trapshooting events in NC next week!

THURSDAY January 8th - Old Hickory@Bostic BIG50 - You know the drill!

SATURDAY January 10th - Rockingham GC - "New Year Open" Typical 300 target program.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and thanks for your support of the NC trapshooting websites!

FRedmon

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

what do you have going on the 1st 2 wks. of feb.????

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Feb 15 Ft Bragg Typical 300 target program

Lou

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Here ya go:

January

8– Old Hickory R&PC Bostic – Big 50 - HEY IT IS A THURSDAY SHOOT - as per Elwood

10 - Rockingham GC (New Year Open)

18 – Ft. Bragg

24 – Old Hickory R&PC Bostic

25 – Buckhorn

February

12 – Old Hickory R&PC Bostic – Big 50

15 – Ft. Bragg

21 – Gastonia

21 - Rockingham GC (Winter Almost Over Shoot)

22 – Buckhorn

28 – Old Hickory R&PC Bostic

FRedmon

5. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We just updated the NC State Shoot Calendar. Go to the website above - click on NC Trapshooting Then Trapshoot Dates.

FRedmon

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Come Join Us!

Fredmon

8. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Well I've got the position in Chatham County and will be down there the end of February. It will be a big change for us coming from the -12 degrees of upstate NY and going to the balmy 40 degrees of North Carolina. Shooting in the constant 30mph winds coming off Lake Ontario and shooting in the sunshine. I might get to B Class with any luck. My family and I are very excited about the move and hope to be able to come back to NY for the big shoots. North Carolina here we come ready or not.

Martin #0765881

9. jdar46

jdar46 Guest

Martin #0765881
    Welcome to North Carolina, and we hope to see you sometime in Bostic,NC.
    Elwood in Lattimore,NC

10. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Scott and jdar46:

Pittsboro is where I'll be working. Chatham County Board of Education Building on West Street. We are trying to find a house somewhere in that area. I'm thinking Buckhorn is the local club for shooting. How far away is that and Deep River also. Houses in the Pittsboro area are a bit pricey as compaired to other areas in Chatham County. We also noticed there are alot of houses for sale in Siler City. Any particular reason for that ?. Thanks for the post we are very excited about the move and you will see me at any of the close by clubs to Pittsboro.

Martin Milano ATA # 0765881

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Go to www.realtor.com. Type in Pittsboro, NC. Make sure only single family homes is selected. Find the sort, and sort on low to high price. Here is one house I found. I don't know what your definition of "expensive" is, but $100 per square foot within 40 miles of Raleigh, NC is not too bad. If you want to live on a golf course with Davis Love III signature, you can to that, but he's on the "expensive" side.

Danny

3875 Old Graham Road
    Pittsboro, NC 27312 Save Listing 12 REALTY WORLD CAROLINA PROPERTIES $165,000
    3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1,660 Sq Ft on 1 Acres
    Property Type: Single Family Home
    1 1/2 Story Home on large lot between Pittsboro & Chapel Hill. This home features: A lrge room (converted garage), 2nd floor... more

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We sure had a good time at the Rock today! George Brown won the singles with a 98, 85 year old JC Nunn won the caps with a 92 and Jimmy Wilson took the doubles with a 93 in some hairy windy conditions. JC won the HOA with a solid 273x300 and hit the daily middle-50 with a 48:)

Two shoots in NC coming up this MLK Holiday weekend. For those of you that didn't make it to the Dixie we have local shooting for YOU!

Saturday - The Rockingham GC will hold their monthly Lewis Class Fun Shoot and hope to get cranking at 9:30. Typical format is 50 singles and 50 caps - yardage is based on your official ATA yardage and tack on a yard. It might not be registered shooting but folks really like to win these events. We will also have some drawings for door prizes which are very nice!

Sunday - Ft. Bragg will host their first registered shoot of the year! Typical 300 target program as far as I know and Marty will post the program on TarHeelTrap.com soon.

Thanks for looking!

FRedmon

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

FRedmon

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Happy MLK day to all out there in the US of A.

Two registered trapshoots in the Tarheel State this weekend.

Saturday January 24th - Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic will host a typical 300 target program.

Sunday January 25th - Buckhorn Gun Club will host a typical 300 target program. If time permits there will be a 50 bird caps shoot non-registered after the program events.

FRedmon

15. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

16. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

NC Shooters (or out of staters) - hit that link above to get into the chatroom.

We will get into the room about 9 tonight the 24th.

FRedmon

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Newsflash:

Jef Solomon broke his 1st 100 yesterday at the Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic Saturday the 24th.

Charlie & Lillian Smith hosted one heck of a shoot with 20 singles shooters and 19 handicap shooters.

Click on the link above for the entire shoot report that was provided by old faithful Tony Honeyman aka Elwood.

FRedmon

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Ok - The Buckhorn Gun Club will host a typical 300 target program either Saturday or Sunday weather permitting.

That is either January 31st or February 1st. As soon as the date is confirmed we will post the date!

FRedmon

Picture was taken at BGC 1/25/2009 - Trey Wilburn with the gun up and the bird out!

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Just got the word from Mr. Wilson regarding the shoot date this weekend.

February 1st the Buckhorn GC will host a typical 300 target program!

We hope that you will be able to attend!

MID50 Pot is at $2000 - nice chunk of change for a 50 straight!

FRedmon

20. NC Jim

NC Jim TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.