1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Trapshooting Jan - Mar 2QQ8

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nomderf, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Attention:

The Buckhorn Gun Club near Mebane NC will be hosting a registered trapshoot this Sunday the 6th of January.

Typical 300 target program with a juicy $1900 MID 50 Pot sitting there just ripe for the picking!

Mash on the site above for more detailed info!

38-01615

2. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Looks like the weather is going to be great for shooting this Sunday! 56/7 degrees with partly cloudy skies with winds 3-7.

For more info on the buckhorn shoot, mash on the link above!

38-01615

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Two shoots in the State Of North Carolina this week.

Wednesday - Old Hickory@Bostic - BIG50 - Start time 11:00 AM

Saturday - Rockingham Gun Club - Lewis Class (non-registered) Shoot - Start time 9 AM.

The picture above was taken at the NC Homegrounds near Bostic NC. Looks like the new building is coming along quite nicely!

Have a great week!

38-01615

4. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Bump

38-01615

5. William681

William681 Member

Does anyone else have a problem opening tarheeltrap.com ??
    I am planning a move to NC in 2009, (Southport), and researching places to shoot.
    I have no problem with any other site but "tarheel" just says waiting for website to respond and eventually times out. This happens at home, work, and on wireless laptop. Vista and XP systems, fiber optic connection.
    I wonder if the site is infected with phishing or spyware and my security filters will not allow it to load. I get no security warnings.
    Thanks,
    Bill

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have that same problem with a open wireless connection I use in Durham,NC. That is the only website I can't get. Cable and dial-up work fine.

7. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Folks we have had people that cannot get into the site. But to say that the site is infected with phishing or spyware software is a little much.

The site runs on a linux platform and has been up since 2002. I really do not have an answer why you can't get it in but thanks for trying!

38-01615

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Clicked above link and got right in. J.Woolsey

9. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

WILLIAMS 681-IF YOU ARE MIVING TO SOUTHPORT, THE MYRTLE GROVE CLUB IN LORIS, SC WILL ONLY BE ABOUT 35 MINUTES AWAY-RICK ZINO

10. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

No registered shoots in NC this weekend and quite a few NC shooters are at the Dixie.

We will be leaving the 16th at 3PM with Hunter and and the Tailgunner JC Nunn. Jeff is flying down Thursday night to meet us in Tampa.

Wish us well cause it is gonna be windy!

38-01615

The picture above was taken at the 2007 Dixie Grand. The fellow with the target in his sights is TN Richard "GOOD TIME" Colley.

11. William681

William681 Member

Hello Nomderf, no offense ment by the phishing or spyware comment, was just thinking out loud. Will try again with a friends computer that is hooked up thru Comcast and not Verizon, as all of my computers are.
    Tolipnug, aka Rick Zino, I was to Myrtle Grove when the Paralyzed Veterans of America National Trapshoot Circuit was there in May 2007. Will be a great place when totally finished.
    Bill

12. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Sir, no offense taken and others have had issues hitting our site. We are currently in New Port Richey Florida at the Dixie Grand.

We drove through 300 miles of rain last night and it was tough. Looks like the caps scores were higher this morning and they started the doubles in the rain!

Take care and have a great weekend!

38-01615

13. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

We had two NC shooters on the leaderboard today.

Senior Vet JC Nunn took SVet Runner-Up caps today after a 95.

Bill How tied Kaye Ohye and wound up taking the Vet caps with Kaye taking Runner-Up.

Weather is going to be nice Saturday! Temps in the 70's from what we hear! We hate that we are down here in the warm and you folks are up there in the freezing cold:-(

38-01615

14. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

The weather held today if you could call it that. Nice for the 1st 100 and scary windy for the 2nd 100.

Only three 200's broken today out of the flock of AAA shooters. North Carolina's own Jimmy Wilson has proven once again that he is the man!

He won AA outright with a 99 in the AM and a 100 in the PM wind. He will add another leather shell bag to his growing collection!

Only the caps remain and if the weatherman is correct the winning caps scores are going to be lower than normal Sunday!

38-01615

15. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

A little more good news to report. Lady Jeri Wilson broke a 96 today to take Runner-Up in the Dixie Grand handicap.

Have a great MLK Holiday!

Headed back to NC in the AM.

38-01615

16. chipking

chipking TS Member

Congrats to Jim and Jeri. I have had the pleasure of shooting with both here in Virginia and they are great folks. Jim's gonna have to buy a semi to haul their leather around ;o)
    --- Chip King ---

17. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Two shoots in NC Saturday the 26th!

Ft. Bragg GC - typical 300 target program.

Old Hickory@Bostic - typical 300 target program.

Sunday 27th

Buckhorn GC - Typical 300 target program!

Enjoy:)

38-01615

18. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

You're welcome!

19. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

ATTENTION: Buckhorn has a shoot this Sunday the third! Weather is going to be NICE!

For more info mash on the link above!

Also, the Homegrounds Clubhouse is looking GOOD!

38-01615

20. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Hey folks - looks like the weather is going to be great Sunday. Jimmy and Jeri are up at Kettlefoot shooting so wish them well.

Hey - don't you think the moderators are doing a great job with the website?

If they didn't do something they would have to rename it www.bs.com:)

38-01615

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rick zino