1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Trapshooting - April - June 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FRedmon, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Three shoots left in NC this week:

Thursday April 9th - Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic BIG50

Saturday April 11th - See Flyer Above

Saturday & Sunday April 11th/12th Buckhorn GC - Saturday 100 singles - 100 caps and 100 "PAIR" doubles. Sunday 100 caps - 100 singles - 100 handcap - Notice "THREE" chances to retire the middle 50 pot which is at $2200 big ones!

FRedmon

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Three shoots in NC this week:

Wednesday - 15th - Buckhorn GC - registered targets only - starts around noon.

Saturday - 18th - Ft. Bragg GC - Typical 300 target program.

Sunday - 19th - Rockingham Gun Club - Shooter Appreciation Day Shoot - Typical 300 target program.

FRedmon

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Dogwood At The Homegrounds - April 23-26, 2009

FRedmon

4. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Scores have been posted at TarHeelTrap.com for the first two days of the Dogwood.

Thursday was a real windy day with 100 winning the singles, 94 winning the caps and 99 winning the doubles.

Friday was hot with marginal winds with 98 winning the doubles, 98 (Mark Isner) winning the handicap and all singles class scores were tied going into the 200 singles today.

We hope to have the carryover scores and single scores posted this evening. For all of you doomsday folks, attendance was up 70 entries over the 2008 Dogwood. It looks like folks like to shoot at the Homegrounds in NC for sure!!

FRedmon

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Three shoots in NC this week!

Wednesday April 29th - Buckhorn GC - registered (targets only) singles/caps/doubles.

Saturday May 2nd - Watauga GC (Boone) & Coharie SL (Clinton) will host typical 300 target programs.

Fredmon

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Rockingham Gun Club and Remington Arms Co. Inc. are sponsoring the RCGC Spring Shoot-Out May 2nd 2009.

The shoot includes non-registered Trap/Skeet & .22 rimfire 50-yard match. This event is being held to benefit the RCGC Youth Shooting Sports Fund.

Thanks for looking and we apologize to Ron Anderson for not getting the event posted any earlier.

FRedmon

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Four shooting events in North Carolina next week:

6th - Buckhorn GC@Mebane - Registered "targets only" Starts around noon.

7th - Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic - Monthly BIG50

8th - Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic - Doubles Marathon

9th - Old Hickory@Rocky Mount - Typical 300 target program

FRedmon

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Two shooting events in North Carolina this week:

13th - Buckhorn GC - registered "targets only"

16th & 17th - Joe Nimer Memorial Shoot - 200 singles 100 handicap Saturday - 50 pair 100 handicap on Sunday - HOA based on 500

FRedmon

11. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Attention:

Here is the scoop on shoots in NC this week:

Wednesday 20th - Buckhorn GC - registered targets only - starts around noon.

Saturday/Sunday 23rd & 24th - Buckhorn Gun Club - Program to be announced.

FRedmon

12. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

TTT

Is Bostic still on for 5/25?

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Good question about the 5/25/date??

FRedmon

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Attention:

Old Hickory R&PC@Bostic will host a typical 300 target program on Saturday the 23rd NOT THE 25TH AS PUBLISHED on NCTRAP.com and TarHeelTrap.com.

Buckhorn Gun Club will host a TWO-DAY trapshoot with 100 singles - 100 handicap and 100 "PAIR" of doubles Saturday. Sunday they will offer 100 handicap - 100 singles and 100 handicap. Don't forget that the MIDDLE50 POT is up over 2K and somebody needs to bust it this weekend!!

PS - Ken Duncan sent me a couple of pictures of the newly installed sod around the clubhouse at the Homegrounds!! Also notice the shelter that has been built to protect the scoreboard!!

FRedmon

15. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

At the risk of getting the "This is a thankless job!/Why don't YOU do something?" lecture, I'm sad to see the date wasn't correct on the Bostic shoot, now on the 23rd. I was planning on bringing my Dad to his first registered shoot after shooting years on leagues and informally. I bought his ATA membership for Father's Day so we could shoot on his trip down to see us. I promised my wife to watch the baby the 23rd and now we can't come. I'll also now have to shoot penalty classes at the State Shoot because I needed the targets to make the minimums.

In my nicest, most respectful language I can muster, please do a better job verifying and publishing shoot dates.

16. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey Clay Killr no harm no foul:

The State Association publishes the dates - I post them - I had question marks on TarHeelTrap.com and tried to call the OH@Bostic trap director last week only to run into him today on the phone on my dime!

I also published a line on the OFFICIAL NC SHOOT DATES thread that states: if anybody sees a problem with a date or dates please contact me. As you can see above panthers314 questioned the date and I was off to the races.

I would imagine that 99.9 percent of the time we get it right and since that .1 percent had an impact on you I would say send an email to the NCTA and complain to them.

Oh by the way this isn't a job it is a volunteer effort to make people aware of trapshooting in NC. I don't get a dime for the time I spend making this (most of the time correct) information available.

Also, I can't wait to meet you at the NC State Shoot, maybe you can bend my ears a little more face to face:) That ought to be fun!

FRedmon

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Two registered trapshoots in NC this upcoming week!!

27th - Wednesday - Buckhorn GC (Mebane) - targets only

30th - Saturday - Ft. Bragg GC - Typical 300 target program.

If you have any doubt that these events will be held - go to www.nctrap.com and look for club info and contact numbers!

FRedmon

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

TTT

FRedmon in Sedona Arizona

19. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Attention:

TarHeelTrap.com might be down a few days due to it being moved to another physical location. If you are unable to access it, please jump over here for NC info!!

FRedmon

TNX RC for posting the Buncombe info - that date slipped through the cracks:-(

Also - how about some scores from up there??

20. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Buncombe County Singles - Thanks Jef

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.