1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North Carolina Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by widomaker, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I might be relocated to North Carolina by the first week in January. I'll be down there interviewing in Chatam County this Monday Dec 8th. I'm wondering if there are any trapshooters on here from that area of NC. If you are let me know where the Shooting clubs are near that area. We are looking in a town called
    Pittsboro for a place to live. How much does it cost to join these clubs. Here in Upstate NY its about 25 to $30.00. Thanks if your out there if not I'll be surfing the net .

Martin

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Martin, you're in luck--lots of shooting,nearby---you will be fairly close to Buckhorn Gun Club, a great place to shoot, with good shooters, & most important friendly & generous people.

Lou

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Buckhorn is $30 and $3 a round. You also have a nice sporting clays course not
    too far away, Deep River in Sanford. Pittsboro is a growing area, once kind of a nice small town atmosphere, but be aware that they have done extensive widening of the 501 highway, and a lot of major development is in the works.

4. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Martin, I think you are referring to Chatham county which is in the Raleigh Durham triangle area. If so you are in luck as Durham county Wildlife Club is just a short drive. Great club, website attached check it out and welcome to the area.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The club that shoots in the Morehead, Jacksonville area that throws registered targets is Cohaire Shooting League, If you just want to shoot at targets try Camp LeJeune ( they are primarily skeet).

Lou

6. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I'm not there yet but they are willing to fly me down to the interview so I have to think I have a good chance. And yes its Chatham County. Pittsboro is where the job is located. I have never been there before and really have only been to Charlotte. Raleigh Durham was a hop for the airlines so I never have seen anything but the airport there. Looking forward to my visit and hope I land the job it sounds like a nice place to be. I wonder if they will be able to know I'm from up north when they hear me talk. :). Thanks and I'll let you know how it goes.

Martin #0765881

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You'll find a fair number of shooters in NC that started in NY and NJ. Don't worry about the language problem. It won't take more than a year or two and you'll be able to understand the way they talk down here.

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Check your PM

FRedmon

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Martin ,,I geuss this means east zone d class doubles is all mine now LOL,,,,But I do shoot the NC State shoot too,,,,so maybe we will shoot off some day,,,,I will be there at Bostic NC,,,,first weekend in june,,,,,I also shoot at Rowan county,,,salsbury nc,,,north of Moresville,,,,nice facility,,,but no registerd targets

10. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

682:

Oh come on now. I got lucky that day. Believe me it does not happen often. Thanks for the rib though. We are not moving yet I have to land the job first so if that does not happen you will see me again at the Zone shoot this year. I think its in PA this time. Have a great year shooting and I'll catch you at a shoot somewhere for sure.

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Martin,

Downtown Pittsboro is 35 miles from Buckhorn and 28 miles from Durham County Wildlife Club. Trap shooting at both clubs. 14 miles to Deep River, with Clays and five stand wobble.

I'm partial to DCWC, with skeet, trap, a great five-stand clays set-up with 16 traps, archery, lake and a pistol range.

If you shoot only trap, then Buckhorn is a good place. Nice, helpful group of folks.

Danny

12. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

BC,

I'm not too familiar with clubs on the coast, but I don't see that much. You'll be an hour away from anything much. Great area for golf and fishing.

Coastal shooters chime in!

Danny

13. 682LINY

682LINY Member

They mite not let me in D class anymore,,,,I keep winning,,,,shooting a winter doubles legue this winter,,,so I hope I can stay out of D class,,,,,even if you dont make the move,,,,the NC state shoot is real nice,,,,I will be hitting the NJ state,,,from there to NC state,,,and stopping at the Penn State shoot on the way home this year,,,,,that should get me warmed up for the grand,,,dont think I will make the zone this year ,,,its in Pa I think,,,,but you never know,,,,,,Good Shooting,,,,hope you make the move,,,,its nice down there,,,,I have a buddy with a Tattoo shop in Clayton outside Rahrlie duramn....in case you need any Ink done,,,,,,Billy,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nc trapshooters

trap shooting in nc

trap shooting north carolina