1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

North American Hunting Club, What's up?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob_K, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Yup, they are a club to promote hunting and sustain hunting's heritage. They have a decent magazine, lots of member tested reviews of new items (and the member gets to keep the items tested). They are pretty much on the level.

2. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

I "thought" (and I was Wrong) that the NAHC would be a good thing to join.<br>
    The NAHC is merely a telemarketer/marketer in the guise of a hunting club. <br>
    They flood you with stuff that you don't want and it takes an act of god to get them to stop sending this stuff to you. Video's, DVD's, Books and other junk. Then there is the knifes, optics and electronics that they want you to buy. Originally they included return postage if you wanted to return the stuff. NOW you have to pay return postage. <br>
    I gave several friends gift memberships before I knew better. I was told by EVERY ONE OF THEM to NEVER renew the membership. Even my own brother told me not to renew the gift membership due to their annoying marketing. <br>
    We booked a caribou hunt through their booking agent. When problems with the outfitter happened, they would not remove this guide from their list of approved guides. They wouldn't even respond to our written complaints. This guide was so bad that the sports show here in Chicago banned the guide from coming to the show. (He had screwed the manager of the show.) The guide went out of business within a year and they listed him as approved until the end.

3. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

George, you were lucky. As soon as I upgraded to life membership 20 years ago the flood gates opened. Video's, books and more junk. THEN, I was inundated with stuff from their OTHER shill organization, The North American FISHING CLUB. At first, a free magazine, then the flood of fishing books, fishing videos and other junk. Thank god they don't have the North American Trapshooting association or the North American Skeet Shooting Asscciaton or the North American Varmint Hunter Association. <br>
    I sent them letters and e-mails to stop sending all the unsolicited junk and it never stopped. I sent them a registered letter that stated that any further "unsolicited" items would not be returned to them. They sent a letter of collection for the videos and books that I had not returned. I took everything that I had and packed it into a box, labeled it with their label, paid the postage and sent it back with a letter to stop sending me more stuff. It took a letter from a lawyer friend to finally get it to stop. This all took place over nearly 2 years. <br>
    There was a thread about the NAHC on another web site that had over 100 responses...nearly all negative.

4. lvshooter

lvshooter TS Member

REBEL, you hit the nail on the head. I joined sometime ago and started to get deluged with crap. Finally called them and told them to stop sending me stuff and then enede upcancelling my membership. Didn't care that I lost he money to join.

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same experience as Marco Polo and the Rebel. After receiving numerous books,etc. that i told them not to send and having to pay to have them returned I went to the Post Office and asked them what I shoud do. They said that If I did not request them, to just keep them. After about a year of billings and threatening letters of turning the matter over to a collection agency, they finally gave up. Just my experience. I belong to several orginizations and this is the poorest excuse of a hunting, fishing club I have ever encountered.JMHO--Steve

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I kept the liscense holder, note pad, and deer window sticker they sent me to try and lure me into joining. Then I shredded the rest of the application :)

Forrest

7. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

If you want to join an organization that goes all out all over the country to protect our hunting heaitage, join the U. S. Sportsmens Alliance. They do more than all the rest combined. The NRA is for our gun rights but the alliance if for our hunting rights. In all my years I have never seen an organization that was so well informed and on top of every anti hunting bill that some nut tried to introduce.
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.