1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Normal Turn Around Factory Time ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Ok people. What is normal turn around time to get a set of barrels fixed? I am really steaming over this one. Bought an SKB 28ga and shot 400 rounds through it maybe, barrels separated clear down to the block like a piece of celery.

Called SKB and they told me to send them back because the gun was under warranty. OK no problem. Sent them back waited 2 weeks and gave them a call to see when I would get them back. Answer is well we have to ship them out to a gunsmith and it will be a minimum of 8 weeks.

Now I know that SKB was sold and they have parts etc., but why would a company be bought and have to send the barrels to a gunsmith who also fixes 4 other brands and you have to wait your turn over the other brands to get your gun fixed. You would think they would have their own gunsmith since they are trying to find someone to still manufacture SKB.

I also owned a 12ga. it has since been traded and I may do the same with the 28.

Called SKB today has been 9 weeks. SKB told me they received a box today with returns from the gunsmith mine and 2 others were not in it maybe another 2 to 3 weeks.

I hope Beretta is not like this. I purchased a 12ga Beretta and may be in the market for a 28ga.

2. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I hired Williams Gun Sight in Davison, Michigan to do a rust blue on a set of Beretta SxS barrels. They hot blued it and the barrels separated from the mono bloc.

The gun went back to Beretta. I had it back in my hands about 10 days later.

It was subsequently determined that Williams also fubar'd the forend causing intermittent ejection failures. Caveat emptor...they are *awful* gunsmiths.

As for your SKB, I would want to know who was putting that mess back together. I would be really concerned about the barrel regulation since he will essentially have to re-build the entire barrel assembly from scratch using the existing components. I would rather it take 20 weeks and be done right, than to have it back in 8 and be sub par.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

With the company out of business, I'd be happy they fixing it free!!! As far a Beretta goes they are just as bad if not worse than Browning when it comes to fixing something. My shooting buddy bought a new UGB-25 a couple of years ago. After taking it home he could not loosen any of the screws in the adj. comb. After some trying he managed to strip a screw head out and had to bring it back to the dealer who sent it back to Beretta under warrenty. It took over a month to get back, with many phone calls as well. My buddy will never buy a Beretta again. I've always heard that SKB's warrenty's are much better than Brownings or Beretta's. Not every repair is the same. Good Luck with your 28 ga. as they are pleasure to shoot. They break targets like a 12 ga. and kick like a 410. break em all Jeff

4. overbored

overbored Member

They should have re-placed the barrels if they shot loose from the mono-bloc? That should be the next thing you suggest.

Hugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.