1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Norinco 12ga

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 221, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pure Communist Junk

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

buy an 870, your not going to save enough with the norinco to make it worthwhile. There are plenty of 870s out there, and you'll be alot happier in the long run. The most beat to death 870 beats out a new in box norinco any day of the week (shotgun wise at least, I guess they made a hell of an M1A at one time).

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have seen the barrels interchange.

4. 221

Aside from me hating imported junk, may I suggest you Google, China North Industries and research just what the company does, They are a typical asian company who builds everything from trucks to weapons and sell their garbage weapons to anyone that wants to use them on the US. They even stole Russian missle technology and are selling it to any 2nd rate dictator with the price of admission.

I would respect my American land more, than to protect it with a communist gun, even if it were free.

Not trying to be a smart A~~, but this is just an example of why we are in the crapper, as a country.

5. 221

Newbe...You'll wise up eventually, we hope. Your attitude is why most Industry in the US is down 30% and unemployment in the states that manufacture our products is around 12%.....

Just how do you support yourself anyway.....farmer??? subsidies???? work for an employer that speaks English???? or are you just independently wealthy? Or are you employed by the government?

6. ScottM

ScottM TS Member

Jerry you might want to check on thehighroad.us or thefiringline.com both are gun forums who's shotgun fans lean more to home defense and trunk guns they will probably have a better idea. You might check shotgunworld.com too.
    Giving some thought to the politics would be an idea also, the majority of Chinese workers are treated badly when the company they work at is important to the state which Norinco is as they are the primary source for much of China's weaponry.
    Scott Murphy

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Do yourself a favor and get a USED Rem 870 before buying a NEW Norinco 870 clone.

The only Norinco shotgun that should even be contemplated is the clone of the Winchester 1897, and then only because there aren't enough originals to go around to satisfy the demand of cowboy shooters. And even then, many of these cowboy shooters have to send their Norinco out to a competent gunsmith to slick it up and make it work reliably.

8. 221

I'd think there are enough guns to support cowboy shooting. Their piece of junk gun of choice just shows how cheap they are. You do not see communist junk around other shooting sports.

Anyone that compares our allies imported guns to communist junk needs to feel free to go and apply for a job at norincos factory. Then maybe he'll get a dose of cheap.

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Norinco made a 1911 clone that was favored over the Colt 1991A1 by custom gun builders. The Norinco was more consistent in its machining and easier to customize as a result of this accuracy. They made some of the best SKS rifles also. I don't know anything about the shotguns. You might want to stock up on Chinese weapons. We might get to use them on the Chinese when they come to repossess the United States for non-payment of Obama's bills.

10. 221

<em>"Norinco made a 191l clone that was favored over the Colt 1991A1 by custom gun builders"</em>

NOW THATS FUNNY

11. ScottM

ScottM TS Member

Oddly enough it's true, they made a really nice platform for a nice pistol. It was built out of very good steel.

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

221, if you don't know a damn thing about a subject why do you feel compelled to comment on it. You seem to be developing a pattern of doing that sort of thing. You seem to have a negative view of nearly everything you choose to comment on. You must really be a miserable person. And for someone not trying to come off as a Smart A-- you really succeeded in doing just what you were trying not to do! Don't let this idiot discourage you newbie. Ask the questions you want to ask and ignore him. The advice about buying the Remington 870 that Brian and skeetman gave you is very good advice however.

13. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

The reason the Norinco 1911 clone was used as a basis for some custom guns is because during that time Colt was about the only production 1911 maker and it was getting hard to find a cheap base gun. The supply of old military guns and used 1911's in general was drying up due to the increased interest in combat shooting and new Colt's were getting more expensive.

It was not because the Norinco was made better or out of better steel, it was good enough and the price was right, just about $200 IIRC. BTW all parts would interchange except the grip screw bushings, they put different threads on the outside of the bushing but not the inside where the grip screws went.

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

A rifle magazine scheduled a side by side comparison test for a chinese M-1A clone and the Springfield product. I don't remember the chinese brand, it may have been norinco. The gunsmith that inspected each one deemed them unsafe to shoot because of headspace and trigger/safety issues. Pretty dumb for the importer to send poor examples to a magazine to test. I haven't heard anything aboit them since. I try to buy guns made in places where the workers are allowed to buy the gun for themselves with their own take home pay.

15. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I was simply repeating what I was told by Wilson's when they built mine on a Norinco frame. I wouldn't have one of the shotguns at any price and the fewer Chi-Coms that have guns the better I like it. Springfield, Rock Island, Auto Ordinance and others were making 1911 clones at the time the Norinco was in demand. The machining was superior but no one said the steel was better. Only that it was very good.

16. 221

Hoosier....I don't just repeat what I've heard.....If you do not like the rest of the story don't read it. I could care less what wilson told you. He told you what you wanted to hear and gladly took your money. He wasn't always so busy. That Chinese gun is still worthless, whether wilson worked on it or not.

Developing a pattern?????.....where have you been??????? Would you rather that I lie and tell you only what makes you all warm and fuzzy.

You may not be so proud of your piece of junk if or when one of your own gets shot with some of their products, and I don't care if they are just as good as ours.....our troops will feel better knowing that.

BTW hdaddy....having a opinion in the USA is my RIGHT....You do not like it..... then tough s~~T You are the one attacking me....remember that.

17. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Buy American

18. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The firearms industry is owned by the Chinese Military from what I read. So buying a Chinese gun is sending money right to the Chinese Military if this is true. It's a little different than buying a Chinese micro wave because you may not be able to buy anything else. Besides all the Chinese guns I've seen are junk just like most of their other products. But we'll be finding out soon enough when the cheap Chinese cars hit the shores and we'll all be driving them. cept me LOL

19. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Buy whatever you want. I don't care. Just don't assume that because you don't like something that it isn't any good. I don't suffer fools for very long and I consider you a fool 221. Oh and Silverbullet, all of the money that goes to China will support their Military if the government wants it to.

20. 221

It's.... "I don't suffer fools gladly".....you could at least say the quote right.

OH BTW.....I don't either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.