1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nor'easter blows out Green Bird 11/12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Nor

With the rain and wind I knew the turnout would be light so the girls and I just set up the practice trap and trap 1. We had to pin the speakers down to keep them from blowing over.

The rain did stop for a while but the wind was nasty. It was gusting to 35mph coming into the trap field from left to right. Made for some sky high lefts and real flat and wide rights. Not to mention your eyes watering up and the wind blowing your barrel around as you call for the bird. I had 4 squads of diehards test themselves against these conditions. I got lucky and had the only 25 straight of the nite.

Rich Lewis 25x25

Renato D. 23x25

Merlynn W. 22x25

Bill Antonio 20x25

Top prize winner for the nite was Rich Lewis with 3 (2 chicken breast and bacon)

We did not have the longbird due to the conditions but Jim Roland did win Nancy's lotto. The dining room crowd was a little light as well but the people who came out seemed to be enjoying their dinner. The steak and shrimp dinners seemed to be popular. I had the potatoe soup and it was very good as usual.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our next green bird shoot will be on 11/19. If we get lucky the weather will be better. It would be nice to get started on building the longbird jackpot back up.

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

See Shotgunshoot.com for upcoming events at Oxford.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Guess what the forecast for Thur nite is? RAIN!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.