1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nora Martin-Ross Clinic - Minneapolis Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by arend003, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arend003

arend003 Member

I took at a couple years back at the Osceola gun club in Wisconsin. Was extremely helpful to me and my wife and would take a refresher again should she ever be close as I am now in Vermont.
    Tom

2. dek1948

dek1948 TS Member

I had her class last year in Pa. and she was great.Her class is fun and interesting.Nora can find the little things that will help your scores.She helped me and I thought I was helpless, if she comes back to this area again I will sign up. Dallas

3. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Nora and her husband are at Blue Grass Traps. My buddy and I were struggling, we are long time shooters. Nora took about an hour looking at us. Next shoot, he broke 99 and I broke 100. Proof is in the pudding. She spotted our errors right away and we got better.
    Now if she can get me to beat that doggone husband of her's in handicap, that may be a miracle.

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have known Nora for about 19 or 20 years. She is a really nice person and a fine instructor. I had the privilege of shooting on her squad this summer. Targets were low and the sky was very overcast. The background made targets hard to see for me. Nora didn't seem to mind, she broke 200; I shot at 200 but seemed to have inadequate lead application on some of the targets.

Another time she was kind enough to score for me while I shot 100 on a squad of one after church. I broke 98. Immediately after I finished she got off the chair and solved a problem for me that had been bugging me for 15 (Yes, 15 long , frustrating years)years. She asked me about my stance on post one. I was standing too square on post one. She had me position feet similar to my feet on post 4 and 5. For me , it made a HUGE difference.

This is the kind of instructor Nora is known for . Everybody is not the same. She found what made me click.

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

When I took her clinic last May at Black Wing in Ohio, I was an 18 yarder, D Class Singles, D Class Doubles. Today and many trophies later, I'm a 22 yarder, B Class Singles and C Class Doubles. I shot a 100 in event 7 at the Grand last August and won that event. I owe it ALL to Nora.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.