1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nor Cal ATA meeting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I would like to see the ATA make some changes and be more relevant, however, having the meeting in this location does not seem like a genuine attempt to "meet and greet". Might I suggest Coon Creek, Livermore, Martinez or even Stockton for a location that would draw some folks. No intention to speak ill of this club, but location, location, location does have meaning.

Jon Schorle, Sacramento

2. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Jon

It is very unfortunate that you and some might not be able to make it to the meeting at Newman. During the southern California meeting we tried to schedule the meeting in a centrally located area, away from shoots, and had a very dismal turnout. The second meeting we held in the Central Zone was during a ATA shoot at Tulare and the turnout was great. As you know Tulare is not centrally located and is very hard for the Central Coast to attend without occurring significant cost.

It is very unfortunate that we have little time available between now and the State Shoot. We chose Newman because the weekend was available for both myself and the CGSTA Board Members to travel and host a meeting at a club that was holding a registered shoot.

We absolutely thank Newman for hosting the meeting.

If you have a place and members would be available for a second meeting we can see about scheduling an additional meeting. I do believe the panel might be available on Friday evening or Sunday morning. Please let us know so we can make additional hotel and travel arraignments as the expenses are covered by each one of us.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss planning further.

Thanks James Hammond

California Delegate

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I for one am open to staying up north for one more day... or going a little early.. please let us know. We will need to make a decision soon as we need to make travel and motel plans..

And thanks to Newman for allowing us to be there on Saturday to talk with anyone interested. These meeting are informal and are for information and suggestins. All suggestions will be taken back to the board of Directors and discussed.

Kym Hughes
    CGSTA Secretary

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all for coming to Newman.
    As an ATA Life Member this will be my first meeting and I
    really look forward to.
    I'll also shoot the ATA birds on Saturday and Sunday.
    Look forward to meeting our board members.
    Thanks again,

Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA
    ATA Life Vet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.