1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

noob/introduction

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mel67, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel67

Mel67 TS Member

Just thought i should say hi, new here. I grew up shooting (in Montana), but since I was a kid, basically only learned the "aim and pull" end of it. Unfortunately got moved to NJ at 16, parents moved back to Montana when I was 20, but I was stuck here by then. Went to visit them a few years later, and shot clays once for a few hours, and loved it, but came home to NJ and no guns. Have recently gotten back into shooting, and am moving towards shooting clays, but am a noob. Just letting saying hi and will be lurking and learning...

2. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

What's a "noob"? It sounds like a disease.

3. Mel67

Mel67 TS Member

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for the "noob" term, if it's not normal here, it's from my other hobby's forums (cars), just meaning, "new and don't have a clue".

4. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Online geek terminology. Comes from a shortened version of the term "newbie" (pronounced "noo-bee"). When someone refers to themselves as a "noob", they're respectfully asking experts to be patient with their basic questions. When referring to others as "noobs", it can be condescending but isn't always.

LMS

5. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Welcome Mel67 -

Everyone here was a noob once....soon you'll be a crotchety old fart like the rest of us. Grab a chair and a glass of your favorite beverage and enjoy.

Len in PHoenix

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Mel67...

Where in Joisie are you located? There are some great clubs in the southern part, i. e., Pine Belt, Pine Valley and Quinton....

Welcome to the kind and sensitive TS.com.

Curt - Delaware

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If your in Central NJ , come join us at Mallard Trap Club , Monroe Twsp .

8. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Noob, welcome my son.

Mr Newbius©

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wecome and beware of the TRON ! Jeff

10. Mel67

Mel67 TS Member

Thanks again for the welcomes. I'm in South Jersey, not far out of Philly, and probably should let ya know "Mel" is short for Melinda.

11. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Mel,welcome to the sight.You will meet some great people,and some not so great.

Bocephas

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

A very welcome aboard to you Melinda.

Whiz White - South Dakota

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Melinda; Remember the old saying: "take it with a grain of salt" you will need it often here. Welcome and enjoy. Ask your questions and you will get some good answers and some not so good.

Shoot and have fun.

Don

14. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I'd like to add my (respectful) welcome to the forum, Mel.

It is always refreshing to see another "noob"......I understood the term, even though I am ancient. LOL.

As others have alluded to (and warned), there is a plethera of advice, opinions and assorted "helpful" banter here. Just be a bit careful as to whose opinion you take as "gospel".....and you'll be fine.

This has become my "fav" site on the net. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have come to.

15. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Mel, welcome to this site. Do you want to be on my buddy list???

Tron

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hi, Mel...

I am in the Philly area quite a bit. If'n ya want another girly to shoot with, send me a pm and we can get 2gether. I can 'troduce ya to some other lady shooters.

-Devi

17. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I would like to take a moment and retract my previous post and instead say ...

Miss Melinda the noob, welcome my daughter, you are a Miss and not a Mrs right?

Mr Newbius©

18. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Curvy,,,,dont forget to introduce her to a few boy shooters too

19. 682LINY

682LINY Member

No kidding,,,,try Bucks County ,,,shoots listed on here,,,I have been there a few times ,,,nice folks,,,its neer Philly,,,also try above link,,,,good for finding places to shoot,,,,or finding clubs you know the name of but not the location,,,Billy,,,AKA 682LINY

20. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Greetings from Orygun, Mel67. You'll get plenty of advice from this forum and, like mine, some of it's even handy. There are no dumb questions so ask away....Breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.