Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Non-resident shooters

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  foghorn220 
#1 ·
The same. Residents shoot for resident trophies and non-residents shoot for non-resident trophies. If it's an open trophy then it's a free for all.

Don

#2 ·
Thats the words!!!! "free for all"!!! I have been involved in one of those in New Mexico,,at their state shoot,,,when it was over,,,I claimed class A singles open class winner,,,But it took several weeks to sort it out before I was awarded the trophy...

AKA Grammie.........

#6 ·
I do not have the program any more I tossed it. But if my memory serves me correctly.........Almost all of the prelim events NO seperate Resident/non resident classes All open. [very lame] And during the events where Indania does have two catagories there is s very short list of trophies....again if I remember No champion/ runner up, class only or vise versa........DOES ANYONE LOOK AT PROGRAMS ANY MORE!!!!! Just look at some good programs.......its LAME.

GS

#7 ·
OK I just clicked on the "winners" list from day one. Events 1-6 are listed. In these events there are ONLY 4 dedicated trophies for Non-residents. {oh ya} The "open" trophies I could win too........ My point is when you look at this program it sucks........LOOK AT OTHER STATE SHOOT PROGRAMS!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted below is the trophy winners from last years Wisconsin State shoot. DO YOU SEE A DIFFERENCE!!!! Here is the link......ENJOY http://www.wisata.org/stateshoot/results/2006/tuesday.htm#e2

Event #2 - "Norma Gross" Handicap
100 Handicap Targets
183 Entries (230 Last Year)

Resident

Category
Winner
Score

Champion
John Coniff

19-21
Michael Traeger

22-23
Ken Prince

24-25
Daniel Ehlers

26-27
Scott Wirtz

Lady
Karen Stingl

Junior
Erik Lorenz

Sub-Junior
Vincent Ghiselli

Veteran
David Lehtola

Sr. Vet.
Rodney Overson

Non-Resident

Category
Winner
Score

Champion
Joseph Jeffers

19-21
Mark Vance

22-23
Dave Radosta

24-25
Larry Holowinski

26-27
Dennis Van Buren

Lady
Wanda Zimmerman

Junior
Jeremiah Gallup

Sub-Junior
Michael Brooks

Veteran
Allen Mielke

Sr. Vet
Sam Persico

#8 ·
On Thursdays Singles: NR 1st and 2nd in each class, champion category = 15 trophies

Thursday's Handicap: NR Champ & R/U, Champions Category = 7 trophies

Friday's Doubles: NR 1st in each class, champions category = 10 trophies

Friday's Handicap: NR Champ & Runner-Up, high score yardage group (3), champ category = 10 trophies

Saturday's Singles: NR Champ & Runner-Up, 1st in each class, champions categories = 12 trophies

Sunday's Doubles: NR Champ & Runner-up, first each class, category champions = 12 trophies

Sunday's Handicap: NR Champ & Runner-up, high score each yardage group (3), category champions = 10 trophies

HAA: NR champion & Runner Up, 1st each class, category champions = 12 trophies

HOA: NR Champ (+$50 added money), RU, 1st in each class, category champs = 12 trophies

By my calculations, that is 100 dedicatated NR trophies and $50 added money. We revieweed Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and Kentucky programs when we increased the NR trophies about 4-5 years ago and this made us, by far, have the most dedicated NR trophies in the area.

I will take a look at Wisconsin's program to see how it compares.

Sincerely,

John Voliva

#10 ·
No I do not want to be the trophy chairman........but an "open" Trophy is NOT a non resident trophy........Sorry your trophy list is weak. I am surprized your in state shooters do not say more........if you ever get a big non resident crew, [which I doubt] and they smack them trophies away from your residents........it just might get you to change something.

GS

#12 ·
If you want out of state trophies, try the Illinois State Shoot. From Wed. through Saturday they give champion and runner-up in each class. On the handicap days they give champion-runner-up 3rd and 4th place. Sunday's handicap championhip they give champion-runner-up and 3rd thru 7th places. Category shooters on both Sat. and Sun. have champion and runner-up trophies.

A well run shoot with beautiful trophies.

tbar

#15 ·
jbbor - I couldn't agree with you more regarding trophies being a determining factor - it isn't/wasn't for me and I'm sure, it isn't for many shooters. In AZ, we give the same number of trophies to Resident/Non Residents from Wednesday on. But, we have a large non-resident base of shooters here for the chain and the state shoot. Now, in the South, like GA/AL, etc...they tend to give Open trophies, which gives their residents another chance. But no matter what you do...there is always someone who isn't happy.

#16 ·
Midalake; As a non-resiedent who just returned from the Ind. state shoot I think you are totally in error but what else is new. Their trophy list is not lacking in any way. Most State shoots have open trophies on Mon., Tues, Wed and then split it with resident and non-resident. After all it is their state shoot and residents should get a larger share of trophies and classes.

I don't know how many different State shoots you attend but you are wrong and just stirring some crap.

J. Voliva; A very good shoot and dry for a change.

Don

#17 ·
"Trophies are not important" Ya whatever.....hey lets just all shoot ATA practice. I can tell you what I do around here when a small club just throws "ATA PRACTICE" I DO NOT GO!!!! If I just want to shoot pratice I go to my regular shooting nights.
The state shoots are some of the largest shoots one can go to besides the grand. It is time for some to start acting like it. Event 7 has a very good non-resident trophy list, event 10 and 11 are fair........the rest SUCK!!!!! So tell me where is the AAA Class at the shoot???? HUH???? In my opinion their should not be ANY state shoot without it........Besides Wisconsin, Minnesota would be another good program to look at Illinois was mentioned by someone else but i can not vouch for it.........I think your the one who has not been to many state shoots!!!

GS

#18 ·
I thought they must have had plenty of out of state trophies to give out since they gave me a couple and wasn't even expecting it also got a little added money to help pay for the next 2 events.

John how many total trophies was there total I know every shelf was full along the walls of the club house.

Glad it didn't come a flood like the other years.

fog

#19 ·
Midalake -

I don't think anyone said trophies weren't important, what they said was that it was not a determining factor in their attendance. Big difference.

I was also at Indiana (non-resident) and my decision to attend was not based on the trophy list. It was based on the events on the days I could attend, how well run the shoot is, how it fit in with my work schedule, how many people would be there that I would enjoy talking to. I like winning a nice trophy as much as the next guy, but that's pretty far down the list of things I based my decision to attend on.

My count of trophies given for today's handicap event at Indiana was 33 (22 resident and 11 NR). There were over 500 shooters in attendance, which means if everyone in attendance had an equal shot at a trophy it was a 15-to-1 shot to win a trophy. Now, factor in that many people aren't eligible for many of the category trophies (I was eligible for 3 of the 11 NR), it becomes more like a 50-to-1 or 100-to-1 shot to win a trophy. Why would anyone attend a shoot with a 100-to-1 shot to win a trophy? And, if you doubled the number of trophies, why would anyone attend with a 50-to-1 shot to win a trophy?

Point is, people don't attend shoots because of the trophies.

Scott

#20 ·
midalake; You must be in charge of trophy bitching as you ripped Mich. State shoot for bad trophies. Do you just whine all the time?? Do you have them send a picture of the trohies before you attend?? I am sure the clubs you avoid are all broken up because you must be a joy to have in attendance. Lighten up go and enjoy yourself for the sport itself.

Don

#21 ·
You know Scott, and BIGDON your last two posts almost do not even qualify for a reply. I will call this post "Maybe" just for you[two].

Maybe with odds of 50-100 to one we should have nice trophies> Maybe stateshoots should get back to serving their shooters> Maybe we should just take what they give us> Maybe we should try to attract new shooters> Maybe it just too expensive> Maybe people just do not care> Maybe we forget this is competitive> Maybe people are looking at their paybacks more closely> Maybe all the old ways are gone> Maybe we complain too much> Maybe we all need to be more vocal> Maybe people do not care about trophies> Maybe they do>...............Maybe I care.......Maybe it is time for a change!!!!!!

GS

#22 ·
midalake -

If you read my reply carefully, I didn't offer any opinion about the quality of the trophies or the number that were given. I was merely trying to point out that you had taken a couple of replies that said "trophies do not determine my attendance at a shoot" and turned that into "trophies are not important".

Do you think that everyone driving/pulling those campers you see at all of the big shoots bought them because they were trying to win a trophy?

Please don't feel an obligation to respond to any post, mine or anyone else's. I was just trying to clarify your misunderstanding of the posts regarding trophies.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.