1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

non member round price

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lostandout, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostandout

lostandout Member

why is it that it seems to cost more to throw a round for a non member than a member do the bird cost more? is there more work involved in the round to keep a nonmember happy? or is it clubs just like to stick it to a guy that just wants to shoot a few rounds?

Brian

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If you don't like it, join the club. You may find it (or maybe not, depending how cliquey the joint is) a good all around decision that can save you some money and even gain a friend or two.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Brian, Members are just that, which means they have paid a premium to be a member. Sometimes it includes hours of volunteered labor. Most clubs that I have attended the members welcomed and assisted new comers. Two clubs I attend have two hundred dollar membership dues so in reality they pay more for their rounds than you think. Hope this clears it up for you. Jackie B.

4. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

There's more to throwing birds than the cost of the birds. Machines, power, club house, staff.

If you join, then you are part of the solution, not part of the problem.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Something about honey and vinegar. We are a members only club, that is open to the public one weekend a month. Our nonmember prices are significantly higher than member prices, but guests pay the same price as members. Anyone that comes to my range and wants to shoot becomes my guest. People can be guests twice a year, if they are local. Many have decided they like the club and the friendly people, and decide to join. Mark

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Many clubs pay taxes and insurance on money made from membership fees. The money made on targets supports the rifle and pistol ranges : )

By the way do you show up when I'm mowing the lawn and lend a hand?

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Most clubs do have higher target fees for non-members but not to "stick it to a guy that just wants to shoot a few rounds". Members have to pay annual dues and our club charges $100/yr (max 10 years) as a club improvement assessment. Many clubs require members to "work" a number of hours thru the year. All work performed to operate on a daily basis is done by volunteers. Should a non-member be allowed to shoot at member prices? I think it would be unfair to the membership that has paid their dues and put in their time. I am in favor of neighboring clubs having reciprocal agreements to allow other club members to shoot at member prices. Marc

8. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Hi Brian,

Not at all. Our members have to pay annual dues and perform 20 work hours a year to be members. How would it be fair to let non-members shoot at the same rate as members?

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"or is it clubs just like to stick it to a guy that just wants to shoot a few rounds?"

1. How much are you getting stuck?

2. What does it cost to join the club?

3. Does joining offer any other "advantages"?

Just askin'.

Bob Falfa

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

... obviously, not the sharpest pencil in the box. Good cast.

Jay

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

dhwbailey, you didn't mention the cost of insurance the club pays which in some cases is hefty. Non-members don't help pay that either. Bulge.

12. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

We charge Members $170 to join and $170 per year for membership. WE pay $3.50 Trap, $5.00 Skeet, $6.00 5 stand. If you are on the committee (work your a** off) you get a dollar off per round, except for trap, WHY should a non-member get the same rate? They should be paying for what our membership can't afford. It's one thing, when you show up in another state and shoot ONE day, as a guest of a member. If you want to shoot every weekend ~ join the club!

13. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Not to mention the extra policing it takes for nonmembers. Most non members show up and tell you they have been shooting their whole life as they load their mossberg full of shells.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Must be fishing here because certainly nobody would be so shallow as to not understand why it is cheaper for members.

Think the Military will let me play with all their cool toys without me giving them 4+ years? Just Say'n.....

15. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

1P....

LAUGH OUT LOUD...

I help run a public municipal range and I cannot tell you how many folks come in and misrepresent their shooting skill to gain access... some of the $hit I see is so ridiculous and our open shooting program has just two requirements...

1) Know how to shoot shotgun (not necessarily American Trap)

2) Be fully familiar with the shotgun you possess

For some, two rules too many!

We charge Resident/Non-Members $5.00 round and Non-Resident/Non-Members $6.25... members $3.75... the spread encourages membership, while requiring volunteerism... Resident/Non-Members pay real estate taxes... Non-Residents, while welcome, pay no taxes...

Glad to have you... join.

Jay

16. algebra1

algebra1 Member

We must be the exception.Members and non-members shoot for the same price which is $3 per round.To join the club costs $10 per year.All work done at our shoots is volunteer as well as our work parties.We always have free food for the ATA shooters.We have our share of moaners and groaners,but all in all we stick together and get things done.Bay City Gun Club Erie,Pa.

17. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

How many members do you have? $3 a round, free food? How do you pay your taxes and insurance to say the least?

18. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Wow! I am just starting to shot trap but completely understand non-members paying more it just makes since. I do have a question the ones of you who are member clubs do ya'll have waiting lists for new members? We are trying to join a couple of clubs and they have waiting lists. The one only allows a certain number of members so some have to drop out each year so new ones can join. One I read about only takes new members that are friends or family members of current members. Just wondering what ya'll do about this. Thank you. One charges $5000 one time fee then $150 or so each quarter I think. I do not believe I will be joining that one anytime soon. lol Thank you! Michelle

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hey lostandout, We set up at 4:30 every Wednesday. Be there.

All volunteer club. $4 Skeet, trap, 5 stand...... member or not.

But you have to help close up and put away the 5 stand machines at 10:00PM

20. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Broward Countys Markham Park public range in S. Florida. No volunteers, no putting away anything, no dues, same price for one and all. $8.50 a round for trap and skeet. Shooting Tues-Wed-Thurs, 10am-5pm & 6-9:30pm. Sat & Sun 8am to 5pm. Nothing to do but pay your money & shoot.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.