1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Non currrent trapshooter win the 100 grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Maybe one of the bunker boys or a top Clays shooter (Digweed) or one of the exdibition shooters will join ATA and shoot enough tgts to qualify. I don't
    know any of these guys but I'm sure there are alot of great shooters that
    are not in the ATA now. For 100 gs they might decide to take up the sport.
    They would have 5 mos to hone their skills. Do you think they could get that
    good in 5 mo.???

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Easiest solution to that is to make the handicap target minimums something like 500 targets in each of the last three years (2008, 2009, 2010). That should slow them down some.

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Do you think Digweed could hold it together for 100 targets and beat the likes of Leo, Harlan, Ricky, Neil, Pat, Frank, Phil, Ray, Nora, Randy, etc, etc. Maybe so but my moneys on one of the ATA boys in this shoot.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

4K handicap targets, 2k this year and 2k for '09 ought to weed out the riff raff.

That's only 20 shoots a year...piece of cake.

Curt

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I don't know what the target requirements are but if anybody from a different discipline meets them then I would love to see them compete in trap.Remember in sporting or helice or flyers perfection is usually not required to win.Skeet may be the exception but it is not 100 targets in 30 minutes either.Trap has its own skills and can stand alone on its own merits.You might get a few more sandbaggers than usual but they still have to win a designated handicap just to get in the shootoff.This thing has really brought some excitement to the sport.It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Darr

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

This is about as intelligent as wondering what Jennifer Aniston will wear on Oscar night. (News flash: it will be a DRESS!).

Speculate all you want...but this will be won by somebody who registers >10,000 reg. birds a year, hasn't missed a Grand in 20 years, and has a trophy room full hardware to prove it.

Dream on, suckers...you'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.