1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nodding and glancing at attackers stops them

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What utter nonsense. Anti-gunners aren't even trying to make any sense anymore. It's like anti-gunners are having a contest to see who is the most stupid.

Campus bans guns, tells people to nod at attackers

In lieu of guns, people who find themselves in dangerous situations at or near the University of Arkansas at Little Rock should defend themselves by glancing and nodding, said a university safety expert.

Earlier this year, the Arkansas legislature approved a concealed carry law, but gave school administrators permission to override the law and ban guns on campuses. Most Arkansas universities, including the University of Arkansas and Arkansas State University, opted to prohibit concealed carry, according to The College Fix.

But disarmed faculty and staff members are vulnerable to attack when traveling to and from campus, according to a chain of emails sent between UALR staff members, one of whom was assaulted by three teenagers on his way to class.

“I had not gone very far before I was attacked from behind by two of them and received a number of blows to the back of my head,” wrote the faculty member, a UALR professor of biology, in an e-mail. “Given the proximity to this campus and the fact that a number of our students, faculty and staff walk through this very same area on both a daily and nightly basis I felt it prudent to share this info with you and to advise you to be on your guard while in the vicinity.”

Another faculty remember responded to the email saying that a student had been attacked in the same area.

Sharon Houlette, a detective with the UALR Department of Public Safety, responded to the thread with advice for avoiding being attacked, which included a suggestion to “glance or nod” at possible attackers.

“A glance or a nod will help you show anyone who might think that you are not paying attention, and you are aware of their presence,” she wrote.

She also suggested parking on campus and using the trolley system, and offered to host a crime prevention workshop.

But Nic Horton, editor of The Arkansas Project, had a different suggestion for keeping safe on campus.

“If you must step foot on a college campus, choose one that respects your 2nd Amendment rights,” he wrote.

2. Brian in Oregon

If George Zimmerman had only nodded at Trayvon he would not be awaiting trial now.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I did that at an auction last year and it cost me 600 bucks.

HM

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Actually you should be nodding as you get your sights lined up.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

"Sharon Houlette, a detective with the UALR Department of Public Safety, responded to the thread with advice for avoiding being attacked, which included a suggestion to “glance or nod” at possible attackers"

I wonder if old Sharon gets to carry a gun in her role as detective at UALR?

6. Brian in Oregon

She don't need a gun. Her crazy eyes will stop men in their tracks.

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Remember the 'list of ten things to do if attacked' from Univ of Colorado?? Their response to rape is to urinate or vomit on yourself, or tell the attacker you have a disease or are menstruating...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/justice/colorado-rape-prevention-guidelines

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/university-of-colorado-at_n_2718476.html

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

People who think these hair brained ideas up are just "educated past their intelligence"

Sad thing is parents still allow their children to be taught by them!!!!

9. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Give them a glance, nod and smile, while repositioning your piece from your pocket into your waist band. I think its better that someone else piss their pants.