1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobody knows 'HOW' to shoot Trap!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crusha, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

"...Notice how your brain doesn't care but it will send a message through your heart to your fingers if you want them to snap..."

(???)

If Brian Enos knows as much about shooting trap as you do about physiology...he better stay out of a shootoff with Leo (no offense to Brian).

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

How long have you been suffering from these delusions? HMB

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Just ignore Buzz-Gun, Mr Burgess -- he runs his mouth a lot more than his brain.

-Gary

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

You never heard me say Leo was ignorant. He may talk simple, but it's the simplicity of someone who has thought about and clarified the sport in his mind in a way few people ever will. I assure you, and I tell you this from having taken his clinic, he's one of the smartest shooters out there.

...and he knows more about how to shoot trap than Brian Enos. And I say that as an action pistol competitor who has a copy of Brian's book sitting at my left elbow as I write this.

(GW22 - are you still smarting from that thwacking shelly laid on you in the gas price thread? Gosh man...rub it a couple times and get over it).

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

If you burp, loosen your belt, and go back and read...I said he knows more about "how to shoot trap" than Brian does. Key difference.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz:

Stop letting teenage Trappy/Tranny argue for you and exercise your brain once in a while. Is it so hard to just read and comprehend what people have said and think for a minute before you start typing away? THINK -- it won't kill you, I promise.

-Gary

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sorry to hear shelly lives rent-free inside your head, GW...that must be maddening.

(PS - ...how's that gas boycott coming?)

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This ones off to a healthy start.............

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My goal is to think "nuthin" when I mount my gun...

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzzy: I do get an occasional laugh out of people debating with Trappy as he poses as Shelly, but your reliance on the teenage boy to do your thinking is even more hilarious.

-Gary

11. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

C.E, after reading all your posts on your thread, I've come to the conslusion that you may be as irrelevant as your posts.

Buz

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm...I'll go send a message through my heart to try that, lol.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    See the clay. Break the clay. Become one with the gun. Ooommmmmmm.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick---I think we need a thread dealing with alcohol and posting on forums.........Think?? LMAO

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think I'll have a shot of Birddog over ice and relax a spell.

16. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Years ago I gave up trying to figure out what Leo was thinking...now I just tell him what to think, and I'm happy. He ignores what I tell him and that makes him happy, so we are both happy. In a weird way this strange thread does bring up a valuable point....shooting is a very mental game. This is reinforced by the fact that if you look at shooters, they are not very "physical athletes" so they must be "mental athletes". There really is alot of thought that has to go into breaking a target. Leo has put out a video on the Mental Game and he will talk about this at his clinics (or just in the clubhouse, if you ask).

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shooting Trap is what I call procedural memory. Everything we do on a regular basis becomes a procedure. Our brain doesn't think of the action we are about to preform in a series of steps. It takes to long each time the action is repeated. So, the brain develops a system where all the neutrons required for the action fire at once in our brain as a group or procedure. That's why it's so difficult to add a step or change a part of the procedure of shooting Trap, or anything else we do on a regular basis. When you change one very small step, you must change the whole procedure. That's why it takes months to get back in the groove when any step of the process is modified. Change a step and your brain has to develop a whole new procedure.

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

----Since Leo is a shotgun champion and Brian Enos is a pistol champion how can you say one knows more than the other? Pistol shooting is mostly at stationary targets. Ask Leo how many doves he's shot off a telephone wire. And then tell me he has any experience at all with stationary targets.

CE, for the record Leo just might. He had a stint of with shooting combat. His dad was a champion competitive pistol shooter.

19. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Did you know Leo's grandad grew up just north of Shelbina? funny you should reference that small MO town. Thanks for the kind words....Karla

20. Agitator

Agitator TS Member

countsunk, I normally stay out of these dumbassed threads that show NO rhyme or reason posted by someone with very little knowledge of the subject (Leo and Brian) or forethought on your part before becoming an authority. However in this case I must respond. You will never have to worry about Leo matching wits with you or ANY forms of shooting either. (He does not match wits with an unarmed person). I have shot trap, live birds with Leo and Brad, played euchre, hearts with both and they are both CLASS acts. And I might add, dammed hard to beat at any of the above. I went to the Bianchi handgun shoot and of all things, there was Leo and Brad taking it all in, hanging out and harrassing everyone, in fun of course. Leo was trying to talk Brad into an land deal to start a new shooting facility. Neither of them came in on a turnip truck when it comes to firearm competition, card playing or matching wits. Don't go there, you'll only get bruised up. And by the way, had a long, interesting and informative conversation with Brion Enos for couple days. So bud, you ain't the only cowboy thats ever been to the big rodeo. Start a new thread about something you know more about. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.