1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NobleSport Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ram2008, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ram2008

ram2008 TS Member

Just a question:

I was at the gun club today and we seem to be having a problem getting primers for our shooters, which many of you out there are most likely experiencing. The topic came up about not to use NobleSport Primers, because they come oversized and screw up all your hulls, and once they are used, you can't load with any others because any others will fit too loose. Is there any truth to this? Its not that one can load their hulls forever, maybe up to 10 times or so. The NobleSports are about the cheapest of all, and a good deal on 5000 or better. I was just being a little cautious here!
    Thanks...
    Richard

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It has been covered many times. As well as the larger pocket issue they have misfires in cold weather. I do not consider them worth the savings however there are those that do

3. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I have used them for years & had no problems so far. They are larger ( a little bit) but so what. Hulls are cheap/free most times. Just keep using them & there is no difference. I have never experienced a cold weather problem either but then that's me. I now use Wolf primers as they were even cheaper when I found them. Colonel

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

It's convenient to blame bad reloads on faulty components.

5. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

My miss fire issue is with failure to fire. I have lite firing pin hits with every gun I own The primers will usually go off the second time but to me they're not worth a nickel if they don't go off the first time. Changed loading machines and still have the same problems. I've loaded over 100K chedites without a failure and will be staying with them as long as I can find them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.