1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Noble Sports Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 100straight, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100straight

100straight Member

Same as Winchester 209.

Mark.

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I measured the Nobel Sports versus the Winchester's and they are out of round and oversize. You won't be able to switch back and forth from Win 209's and the Nobel Sport's. Once you switch, you'll need to keep using tem.

Kevin

3. Stuart

Stuart Member

Call Zanders Sporting Goods at 1-800-851-4373. They are the importer and can tell you the dealer close to you. They are not the same as Win 209.
    Stu

4. 100straight

100straight Member

Stu,

Where do you get your info that they are not the same as Win 209? I've loaded over 30,000 of these and every dealer I've bought them from has told me that they load EXACTLY the same as Winchester 209. If that isn't true, and you can prove it, I'd like to know.

Mark.

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

They will stretch out your primer pockets enough that Winchesters will fall out if you try to use them for the next loading, I know this because I've had it happen. They also seat pretty hard into steel based cases like Gun Clubs, and I've had a few missfires with them. Other than that they are fine.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hodgdon has published data that has stated that the Winchester Data can also be used for the Nobel Sport primer. Their statement was "The Nobel Sport 209 primer may be safely substituted wherever the Winchester 209 primer is shown." They did NOT say the primers were identical or the same. They said that one set of data could safely be used with another primer. I have not seen any other reliable source make that statement, nor would I assume that they would give the same pressures in every imaginable load or combination.

I would use caution if using data from a source other than Hodgdon, powders of a different manufacture, or loads that are listed to produce pressures near the upper limits.

The Nobel Sport 209 primers appear to be a few thousandths oversized. That will usually elarge the primer pockets to be unable to use a standard US 209 primer in that hull again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.