1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

noble sport primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BB2506, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB2506

BB2506 TS Member

has anyone have experience with noble primer?
    they are fairly cheap & available, do they fit?

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I just bought 5000, so far all have ignited mabey 500. I checked the dia. of each, a Rem and the Nobelsport. Rem is .240 at the base and the Nobelsport is .244. When purchased,I was told they were a bit larger and after using you wouldn't be able to use a domestic primer in the hulls they were used in. JW

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have used them and would buy more. I am not too concerned with size. Hulls are expendable throw away items anyway.

4. kmcampbe

kmcampbe TS Member

I've loaded 100o so far with only two problems, found one that was half covered with glue and another that was not, but that could happen with any primer. After 1000 I've yet to have any miss fires. I know some other people that have loaded them with out any problems as well. Best part is that there equivlent to a winchester 209.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have used up most of 5000 and would not buy then again if they were half price. Too many soft bloopers in cold weather plus as they say, once you use one in a hull, you will have to stay with that. They are also hard to seat because of their size. Bottom line for me is they cannot be cheap enough

6. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

the above link is to their reloading guide.

i've used a bunch of them. i don't live in a cold climate so no problem there. ALL of the primers i have shot have performed well, no bloopers but then again we're pushing 1300fps with 7/8oz.

have no problem seating them in once fired hulls.

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I've used 20K of them and have only a few minor problems. Early ones had 1-2 primers per hundred without the flash hole covered, but that now seems a rare occurance. I would just set them aside for use with flake powders. They are slightly larger than American primers as evidenced by the slight difficulty seating them in 12 ga Remington Game, Sport, and Gun Club hulls for the first reload. After that, no problem. The steel shellhead is probably a contributor to the seating difficulty. For Remington 20 ga Game, Sport, and Gun Club hulls, the seating difficulty is a little harder, so I normally seat the first pass with Nobel Sports primers as a separate action. Otherwise the not quite seated primers play hell with my MEC 9000H as they drag on the base plate. Hodgdon says they can be used as a direct substitute for WW 209 in their Hodgdon shotshell reloading guide, and this statement has now also been picked up in the Winchester reloading guide (which Hodgdon now distributes).

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Noble Sport primers seem to be the only ones available. Where are they made?

Jim Skeel

9. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I use them and really like them.....

10. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Made in Genova, Italy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bloopers with nobel sport primers