1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Noble Sport primers in old style AA hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Acer, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acer

Acer TS Member

I am having up to 10% misfires when loading Noblesport primers in once fired old style AA hulls. I have had this happen shooting three different model 32 Krieghoffs and a Browning XS special. Has anyone out there run into this problem? Thanks for your input, Johnny Whidden

2. psfive

psfive Member

I have pushed thousands and thousands of them into once fired old style AA hulls. I have never had a problem that I thought was a primer problem. Could there be a problem with the loader? A seating depth problem or something like that. Paul in Nebraska.

3. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

I have the same problem. I've measured quite a few primers and found the anvil was set significantly deeper in the cup than some others and that leads to light primer strikes. To combat that, I altered the firing pin to extend another .010" and it seems to help. If your thinking of the same thing, be careful. Extend the firing pin too much and you'll pierce primers.
    I have 5000 N.S. primers left and I'll use them for practice. For registered events, I'll stick with Fiocchi in once-fired hulls.

4. Acer

Acer TS Member

25deadbirds, thanks for the reply, I am going to change brands of primers, never had this problem with any other primers and have been reloading for 20 years. Do you know if these noblesports have enlarged the primer hole on my AA's? Thanks, Johnny Whidden

5. sixten38

sixten38 Member

I load NS in all my 12 gauge and have never had a problem like the one you described, in 28 and 410 once I go NS you cannot go back to winchester as the win209 will back out from the enlarged hole. I have not notice the same behavior from 12 or 20 gauge hulls but it seems possible that the Win209 would back out of a previously NS primered hull. Just my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.