1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Noble primers and enlarging primer pocket

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

With the panic for primers I had a chance to buy 5000 Noble primers to add the the Cheddites that I have been using. I do not shoot competitive matches just love shooting a shotgun. Since I heard about the Noble enlarging the pocket I did a very small test this past weekend and found that after shooting 5 shells with the Noble primers I was able to seat with my 9000 the Cheddites with no problems. I have not shot the reloads after the test but it appears to me that you would not have to segregate those Noble hulls and reload only Noble primers in the same hulls. Am I correct or was this too small a sampling to make any judgements?

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Your Cheddites may be a tad large as well, so I would not expect to see/feel much difference. I definitely can tell a difference in trying to seat a Nobel Sports primer in a Remington 12 ga Game hull the first time, and even more so in the Remington 20 ga Game hull. After the first seating, however, Nobels seat fine. It could be the steel shellhead or a different primer contour that is the culprit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.