1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobelspot shells ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My favorite short yardage shell has been STS 1oz of #81/2 @ 1185. I been using also Nobelspot 1oz of #8 @ 1200, with the Nobelsport I have to go one size smaller with my chokes to get as good breaks as the STS.

Now the questions: Is it the speed or the shot is not as hard as the STS that requires the choke change.

Phil Berkowitz

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Neither, it's the number of pellets. HMB

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Hmb is right, you went from 485 pellets to 410. Comparing a STS to a Noblesport is like night and day. Put them on paper and see how they pattern. Wayne

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Phil:

True that if you go smaller in shot size you will get more pellets but each pellet will have less energy.

The Nobel Sport hull is one of the best of the Eurotrash group. You can get wad and primers as well as reloading data and they will reload as good or better that the AA.

TB

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes... the Noble Sport primer is larger but since its going into a Nobel Sport Hull whats the difference.

TB

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about hulls, I'm interested in new factory shoshells. At my current stage in life I don't think I'll be reloading anymore. But who knows!!!

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.