1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NobelSport Primer Specs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Nobel Sport primer & reloading info for a variety of components can be found at the web site of dgktrading..see Reloading Info. Not as complete as some, but covers most of the bases pretty well.

WNCRob

2. nevin

nevin TS Member

Thanks for the info, I just ordered some, they are all I can get here, good price though, winchester' are backordered till?????????

3. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

I have loaded & shot around 3000 of them and have had great results with them... just got 10,000 more in today......I should be set for a little while!

RickyI

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Be careful guys. Nobel Sport primers are made in Italy and they are not to the American size standards for shotshell 209 primers. They are out of round (will elongate your primer hole in the hull) and are oversized (bigger in diameter) than the American standard primers. If you start using them, you'll need to stay with them on the hulls you have already reloaded. You can't switch back and forth from American primers to Nobel Sports. The American primer will drop out of your hull. Take this as advice from the voice of experience...

Kevin

5. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

Thanks Kevin,

I have put aside 1000 12 ga. & 20 ga. STS hulls for these primers that I am using right now......as these wear out, I will drop them in the hull basket for trash.........

These seem to be good primers, but you need to have extra hulls on hand like you said for other primers.....
    All I have right now are Nobel Sport & Fic 616's...

RickyI

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I gone thru 10k of Noblesports, zero problems--according to the Hodgdon manual they use the same DATA as a Win 209. I used them in Rem gun club hulls, I can get all these hulls for free--load them once & toss--No problem using another primer. I use CCI 209 & Cheddites in my STS & Nitro hulls exclusively. Never a worry where the Nobelsports are used.

Phil Berkowitz

7. labman1

labman1 TS Member

In the last published reloading guide that winchester made ,they recommeded the Noble primer if you were not using the win 209. It's in the 2006 manual on page 3 on the bottom of the pageand it says "The Nobel Sport primer may be safely substituted wherever the Winchester 209 primer is shown". I've been using them for 7 or 8 years in 410,28,20 and 12 and have no problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nobel sport primers

nobelsport 209 shotshell primers

noble shotgun primers

shotshell diameter from nobel sport

where are nobel primers made