1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobelsport 209 primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ccw1911, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Anyone have any experience good or bad with these? If so how do they compare with Winchester?

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have loaded and shot many thousands N.S. primers. While they will enlarge primer pockets to the point that Winchester and Remington primers will sometimes fall out, they shoot well and loading data confirms they are equivilent to Win 209s. Go for it!

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have loaded 50+k of the Noble sport primers without any problems. Yes they are larger that American primers but they work and are reliable.

TB

4. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

I have used several thousand of these primers with good results. For loading data click on the address above

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Thanks for the info.

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I've used several thousand. On the first couple of thousand I'd find about one in a hundred where the flash hole was not covered. Last couple of thousand seems to indicate their QA has gotten better. I haven't seen an uncovered flash hole at all.

I have a hard time seating them in steel headed 20 ga Remington game hulls on the first reload. No significant problem after the first loading however.

I find they are a cost effective answer to the outrageous prices Remington and Winchester want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.