1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel Sports Primers 209 Reload

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capt jay, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt jay

capt jay Member

I have a Box of NSI Primers 209/686 I would like to reload them ...just what type are they like....Win 209 or Rem 209 ....or Rem 209P would like to reload them with 1 1/8oz in Rem game load 12 ga...700x.... Rem Wad's ... #9 Shot

Thanks

2. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

I use them with the same recipe as Rem 209

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

These are listed as a direct sub for winchester 209 on the Alliant website I believe. Thats how I use them.

--- Chip King ---

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><i>"These are listed as a direct sub for winchester 209 on the Alliant website I believe."</i></blockquote>They USED TO BE listed that way in the print version of Alliant's reloading data. No more.

That statement and the wad substitution chart that used to be above it have been removed from the data.

Either Alliant changed their policies about recommendations or Nobel changed their primers. Alliant can tell you which.

The only "special information" Alliant now publishes about primers is: <center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

MK

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

capt jay:

They are just like a Nobel Sport 209. You can access a reloader's guide for Nobel Sports at dkgtrading.com. Unfortunately, all the data calls for Hodgdon powders. 700X aint a listed option.

sissy

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sissy, All of IMR's powders have been listed on Hodgdon's website for several years now. Hodgdon bought out IMR a few years back now. I still use Win. AA primers data and substitute the Nobels Sport primers for it. I have had no problems. If you want to do this and the data you want is near the top pressure I would verify the load with the powder company first, otherwise you should be fine. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Alliant listed them a subs for Win 209's NOT Remington. I have email responses form both Alliant and Hogdgon stating the the NS 209's are direct replacements for WIN 209 primers.

Might want to email Alliant and get the answer for your own peace of mind. They will answer your question in 24 hours or so.

Mark

p.s. Link to NS data: http://www.dkgtrading.com/nobelsport/graphics/loading.pdf
    As you can see it is a direct copy using Win 209's.

8. Recoil Sissy

Hi Jeff:

For purposes of clarity...

I'm aware Hodgdon's on-line Reloading Data Center lists IMR, Winchester, and Hodgdon powders. However, Hodgdon's site lists each as a separate "Manufacturer". Data queries can specify any one of the three or "All" of them.

My post was referencing a reloading guide on a different website - namely, dkgtrading.com. It is a NobelSportItalia site with a guide using only Nobel Sport primers. Nobel Sports' guide is limited to Hodgdon powders - Clays, Titewad, Titegroup, International, Universal, Longshot, HS-6, and HS-7.

It doesn't list data for powders labeled IMR, Winchester, Alliant, or any other manufacturer.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no current industry source that describes Nobel Sport 209 primers as an acceptable substitution for ANY other primer. Unless or until an industry source makes such an endorsement, I won't be substituting them for anything.

Peace and safe loading.

sissy

Edited addition... Hi Mark, how recent are your emails from Hodgdon and Alliant??

9. blacklab

blacklab Member

I have talked to the head of the lab at Hodgdon and he said you can use the data for Win209 when reloading Nobel Sport primers. They are an exact match in everyway execpt size.

10. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Recoil Sissy,

My emails from Alliant and Hodgdon are within the last 6-8 months.

11. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Check out this link regarding Nobel, PMC, RIO's versus Winchester primers.

Ron

12. Recoil Sissy

Mark425:

Thanks!

sissy

13. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Interesting article by Tom, but the data in it is more than 4 years old.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
n209 nobel sport primers same as
nobel primers for sale
nobel sport 209
nobel sport 209 primers
nobel sport primers reloading data

noble sport primer reload data

nsi 209 primers

nsi primers