1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel Sport Trap Shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks-trap-shooter, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

I recently purchased some "Nobel Sport Gold Trap" shells. I have not shot any of these yet, but curious to know about results and if anyone has reloaded any of these. Thanks.

2. cdbt99

cdbt99 TS Member

yes asome shells don't know if you can relaod them but I've shot about 200 rounds of them and like them.

3. BamBam2K

BamBam2K Member

Are those the orange colored shells? If so they reload great. They have a plastic base instead of the more common fiber base. Because of the seperate base wad i only reload them one time. A friend of mine shoots these and gives me the empties, I reload once and throw them down.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

They load great! Load them like Cheddites. They may BE cheddites!

5. ks-trap-shooter

Yes these are the orange ones. Thats great. I was at the gun shop yesterday looking around after I priced shot at three different places $45+ and got them to sell me a couple flats at a pretty reasonable price, I thought so anyway. THanks again guys

6. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

The website above will geve you reloading data. This data is for Noblesport primers which may be directly substituted for Winchester primers. If you check the data for Winchester primers and Noblesports are identical. The Winchester primers may fit loosly in the Noblesport hulls as the NS primers are a little larger than Winchester. I've reloaded them once and then pitched them.

http://www.dkgtrading.com/nobelsport/graphics/loading.pdf

7. gold40

gold40 Member

I've reloaded several thousand of these orange or green 12 gauge Nobel's. I only reload twice, as the crimp gets loose after that. Hodgdon's lists reloading data - I use 1 oz. with CLAYS.

At my club, one can often pick up once fired Nobel cases, and they are free.

gold40

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I can't vouch for reloads -- but I bought some of the paper traps and THEY ARE HORRIBLE. In one case, I had about 15 shells where the wad was not seated properly and would not load into the gun. Upon cutting open the shell, we discovered that my light 8s and 7 1/2s, 8s and 9s. I have not had a chance to weigh the powder. I am only using these now for games and practice.

The guy I buy from said that they are not importing the papers anymore.

John

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The shells you're referring to are the NobelSport Trap Gold (not Gold Trap) and the hulls are red. NobelSport makes a very good shell for the money (about $45 a flat), but I'm afraid they'll be priced out-of-sight pretty soon.

10. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I assume that they are probably going up. I sell them. Cost is $46.00 a flat. I am in Western Kentucky. I can deliver if the order is big enough. Give me a call or email. Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises (270) 804-5454

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Is that the kind Gore shoots?

12. ks-trap-shooter

So then when I bought 3 flats for $44.50+Tax each my local shop I didn't do too bad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nobel sport trap shells any good