1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel Sport Trap Loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seaone, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seaone

seaone TS Member

Shot at Spartanburg GC this past Saturday. Unfortunately, I left the house without ammunition. Bought a flat of NobelSport (2 3/4 dr,. 1 1/8 oz, #8 shot) as it was the only thing they had. Have never shot this particular brand of ammo, and I probably won't do it again soon. First few targets of 16 yards, I had to "knee" break my K80 after firing. I thought rather unusual, thought it might be the receiver or something. Fat chance, shot terrible singles and almost every shot induced the knee. It was getting very ugly and I had to wait until the shooter after me finished, so I would not interfere with her rythm. Same thing happened during the entire Handicap event as well. Long story short, between events I thoroughly cleaned my gun, so I know it was not gun related. Has anyone else had this problem with "Trap Gold" shells? I normally shoot Federals and have never before experienced this issue. Anyone want to add their two cents?

2. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

I recently picked up a case of Nobel sport 27's. I've only shot a couple boxes but so far they're great, no issues at all.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

seaone: I haven't tried new NSs but their papers sure don't reload worth a flip. Usually don't mess with any eurotrash but did try the NS papers, won't do that again. Ross Puls

4. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Our youth team chipped in and bought 100 flats last year. Our kids shoot every gun imaginable from 870's to Perazzi and everything in between. Thee 1100's ate them like you were feeding candy to a kid. My oldest son shot a dozen flats through his 1100 Classic with no problems and do they smoke the targets. He actually shot his first 100 straight at the SCTP Nationals with them. The 870's had a little problem with extracting the empty occasionaly, 3-4 times per round. It seemed only the pump guns had issues everything else had little or no problem.

5. MOP

MOP Active Member

I have shot thousands, and have found that they are as good as any steel-head shell, and better than some. If your gun has tight and/or rough chambers, it is not going to like the steel heads.

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

K80's have a problem with steel hull European shells. Nothing new. Have shot and reloaded 1000's of the NobleSports without problems. They are the best of the euro type hulls.

T

7. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I have shot tons of Nobel's thru my K-80, along with many Mirages and other European loads. Not a single problem. The Nobel 1oz 1300 loads will flat destroy a clay.

William

8. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Last year I shot over a flat of the Handicap(1250) 1 1/8 nobel sports at the Gamail cup.
    Broke targets well without any problems with sticking. The only thing is they pounded the pi@s3$ out of me. Won't do that again!

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We use the Nobel Sport LR1(Low Recoil) loads for our High School Trap team with shooters new to shotgun sports, some of the girls and even some of the smaller stature boys. We have had great luck with them. I have shot quite a few flats myself through my 682.
    [​IMG]

10. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

My father and I tried a few boxes through our Beretta's: my DT10, his Joel Etchen unsingle, had about 15% stick in the guns chambers. We won't shoot them again. J. Terre

11. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

My son and I shoot the LR1 for sporting. (K-80 Pro Sporter and Blaser Super Sport). We've shot thousands and thousands and not a single stick or blooper in either gun. They perform great and I just bought another 40 flats a couple months ago. I had 20 flats of new AAs and had crushed wads, bloopers, and duds in that batch. the NS have been WAY more consistent.

12. riggs

riggs Member

Been shooting nobel sports for years still do never a problem

13. saltman

saltman TS Member

Seaone, we had some issues as well with NobelSports, only with Lujtics and Kolars.No problems with 1100's, 870's, BT-99's. Our youth team cant quite afford lujtics or Kolars so I would buy them again as well for our youth team? The price was right and seem to hit targets hard with light recoil. mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
my shotgun will not shoot nobel sport

nobel sports

nobelsport low recoil review