1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel Sport shells - Opinions ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Aug 4, 2013.

1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

If these were discussed before, I missed it. I picked up 3 cases of their 1145 fps, 1 1/8 oz #8 shells a few days ago and have shot a few rounds with them. Managed to break 50 straight today at singles with them. The cost is nearly $20 less per case than Remington STS. So, for me they are a definite keeper.

I am interested in anyone else's experience. The hulls appear to be reloadable, although I won't.

Gene in Illinois

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

I shot them some time ago and they shot great. I didn`t keep the hulls. Gave them away.

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Used quite a bit around 4-6 years ago. Only stopped because the dist. stopped the truck route or I would still be shooting them. I liked them much better than the cheap Federal's, Win or Rems.

4. gaengineer

gaengineer Member

Between my family, friends, and myself, we have shot hundreds of cases of these at dove and targets without any issues. I can't speak as to no misfires, but I haven't had any. Best thing going for the money.

5. globe fish

globe fish Member

been shooting them for about 6 mo. no problems good sheels for the money!

6. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

I have shot thousands of these. I shoot the LR1....1oz. at 1200. I haven't had a single blooper or misfire. Very consistent loads. I just shuck the hulls. I shot new AAs for years and the last 30 flats I bought had some several bloopers and crushed wads that bulged the hull. I sent a bunch back to Winchester and they sent me a $10 coupon. Not a single issue with the Nobel Sport and still shooting them.

7. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

They are the best reloading hull of all Eurotrash shells and are a good shell for one of the cheap trap loads.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I shot the LR1 for several years until I could't get them anymore. Now I'm shooting RIO shells with the same specs ( one ounce 1210fps) and they don't shoot as soft.

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Nobel Sport are a great low cost shell. Shot is a little soft. Probably 1-3% antimony. Good wads and powder. hull is the best reloadble hull of all eurotrash offerings. Would i trust them to shoot from the 27 for the big money... probably not ... but for practice and local shoots they are great.

T

10. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Try the one,s in paper hull,s. There great.

11. riggs

riggs Member

explain how you know the antimony is soft would like to know ??

Thanks riggs

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

Riggs....

It's based upon experience. I take a piece of shot and crush it with a pair of pliers. It's not scientific but it does give a good indication of shot hardness.

T

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Another vote for a great, reloadable hull.

Search tags for this page

antimony content of nobel sport shot shells

nobel shot shells dicks