1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NOBEL SPORT PRIMERS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAP, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAP

BAP TS Member

Does any one out there have any data on the Nobel primers. I'm going to start using them due to their low cost. I know they are slightly larger and I won't be able to go back to STS after I load them but rising reloading cost are making me look at less expensive components.

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"Less expensive" has a price: inconsistent performance.

If you reload to create loads that are better than what you can buy, using budget components defeats that purpose by building in variability in performance.

Morgan

3. incognito

incognito TS Member

I've used 20,000 without a miss. No problems, and use the same load data as WInchester 209s.

4. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

The primers seem to be a little harder than some. I have frequent FTF in a Browning Superposed, occasional FTF in a BT-99 and Ruger Red Label. The shells have always fired on the second try. I have never had a FTF with these guns with Winchester and Cheddite primers.

5. BT99er

BT99er TS Member

Get that gun looked at, 70,000 of these primers without a problem, Remington 1100, BT 99, Browning Broadway!!!!!

6. BAP

BAP TS Member

Captain Morgan I realize that the shells won't be as consistant as if I had used premium components but for practice they should work just fine. I wish that premium components didn't cost so much. I'm looking at using Eagle shot,Spolar wads, and Rex 1 powder.
    Incognito, I just wanted to commend you on 20,000 straight with out a miss. Did that include handicap and doubles?

7. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

All I know is that they work, in the Hodgdon reloaders manual, it states they can be sustituted for win 209 in their recipes--furthermore, I can get them for $88.00/5000---they have never failed me----Phil

8. incognito

incognito TS Member

dixie,

Yes, never a miss. Are you interested in purchasing any property? I have some nice land near Lake Okeechobee, Florida I'd like to sell you. see pic!!

9. BAP

BAP TS Member

Incognito, do you think I could pick up 10,000 or so acres of that prime real estate? If so I could get Skipper W. to watch over it for me and keep the Cubans away. Or I could sell it to your Delagate to develop condo's on. Bill

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Have loaded 50k+ of these primers without problems. Suggest that you go on the Nobel Sports website and down load some of their data.

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.