1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel Sport ammo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by i_shoot, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Has anyone tried this ammo & if so what are your opinions?

Thanks,

i_shoot

2. lancelot

lancelot Member

i-

I've been using this stuff for more than a year, and have been well pleased.

Some things you might find interesting about it are:

Most of our fellows feel that the 2 3/4- 1 1/8 loads seem to have less recoil than the 1 oz loads. The burnt, residue, in the barrel indicates a much slower powder.

Some of our more tech inclinded folks have found the shot tends to be a little smaller than the same size in US shells. In the Nobels I don't buy anything other than 7 1/2 and use it for everything.

Good shooting, Ron

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

The N-27s will break targets at a meat shoot where distances can grow to a 75 yd or more shot !!! Took home 6 first place turkeys - was "handicapped" 15 yards (5 steps) and still broke targets. Just my personal experience...merlyn..

4. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Thanks guy's, that's what I was hoping to hear.
    I had read an article somewhere about the U.S. distributor going to their plant & being very impressed with the manufacturing methods,components & especially performance when shooting targets.

I was going to place an with Gamaliel & saw that they carry Nobel Sports & thought I would give them a try.

I appreciate it.

i_shoot

5. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I have shot Nobel Sport shells, they are great.

Berettaman7

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Just a little food for thought, for you out there that have not tried shells from overseas. They all use the metric system. We are the only ones that do not use this system. Their shot size is all metric. So all other shot but shot made in US is a little smaller than ours for the same number. Their #8's are almost our #8 1/2's. Same for Rio's,Keman's and many others. Hope this helps some of you out there. Break=em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.