1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel shell separation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tugboat, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

One of my shooting buds has recently had 3 Nobel 12 ga. factory sporting clay shells separate hull from the metal base. It was during separate rounds of clays over a seven day period. He was using a Benelli Super Sport, shooting pairs. The first round went off but second round failed to chamber. Upon examination, the plastic hull, minus the metal base was found stuck in barrel just far enough to prevent second round from fully chambering. The metal base had ejected and was found on ground nearby. He was lucky the rounds did not chamber for obvious reasons..Efforts are being made to inform Nobel of these incidents... Just a "heads up" for you fellas.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Not uncommon steel heads and tight chambers. Good extractor though, rips that sucker apart...

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Nobelsport shells?

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Nobelsport shells use a base wad as does Winchester AA, I would never use these type of sheels in an auto-loader or a pump gun.

Phil Berkowitz

5. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

This is common in some types of guns. My son and I have shot thousands in Perazzi's and an XT combo, and I have had 1 separation that I remember.

On the other hand, I have witnessed 5-10 separations in a single round. The shooter was using a BT99. This seems to be a common thread with this gun for some reason.

The shells are fine for 16 yrd, doubles and shorter handicap. I do not care for their performance from longer yardages (Not even the NS 27's)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how effective is nobel12 sport rounds