1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NOBEL PRIMERS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

noduck:

Google 'Nobelsportammo' or 'dkgtrading.com'. The first page provides an option for 'reloading information'. Mash that and it will take you to a second page where you can mash on the loading manual.

The manual has eight pages of data for Nobel Sport primers and Hodgdon powders in a variety of hulls.

sissy

2. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

use 'em like the rest, unless you are gonna take Leo or one of the Big Dogs down this weekend!

No seriously, they are similar to the Win 209 with Red Dot from my experience. My scores have gotten better with them...

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The only problem with Nobel primers is that they are European sized.

They will fit many of the European huls very nicely. If you use them on American hulls, don't try to use American primers on those hulls afterwards, they will fall out.

4. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

We loaded the nobel and pressed out the primer.Then we seated a remington primer in the same hull with our finger and it only went in about half ways.It still required good pressure to fully seat the primer!!Experiment for yourself!

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hodgdon used to claim that you could use Winchester 209 data for the Nobel Sport. They no longer have that statement in their manuals. I don't know why, but something may have prompted them to remove it for the 2009 manual. They might be pretty close to the Winchester primer, but I'd start with a load producing less than 8500 PSI and go from there. That gives you a little headroom for a pressure increase. Substituting primers in loads developing higher pressures could be asking for trouble. Accurate seems to "bunch" primers in their data. The last Nobel Sports I had were slightly larger than the standard 209 and did enlarge the primer pockets. For me that's a deal breaker, since I shoot a gaspipe and don't need a primer falling into the action. I did have trouble with the Nobel Sports in colder weather in several loads, so I don't buy many of them anymore.

6. willing

willing Member

I agree with Joe, I've gone back to Win 209, but have had only 2 out of 5000+ primers fall out.

Bill

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have loaded 50K+ of the Nobelsport primers with zero problems. I load them in european hulls so the size is not an issue. They are a great primer at a good price.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nobel primers