1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel primers any good?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Baber, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

Have used 50k of them without problems. They are supposed to be one of the best primers on the market

TB

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

TBaber, I too am thinking about using the Nobel primers. Is it true that they enlarge the primer pocket in STS or Win AA's and you must keep using them or the stanard US. premier primers fall out?? Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Thanks in advance for any info. Break-em all. Jeff

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have used about 2K of them. Never had any problem except that they are slightly larger. In my STS hulls I must continue them after initial use. I have only had a couple Rem or Win fall out after Nobel's, but you can easily seat Rem or Win with one finger which should not happen. They do seem to be more difficult to seat in the steel heads rather than the STS. Bryan

Oh yeah, one year ago I paid 14.75 per 1000...

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

According to Hodgdon, you can use them with Winchester W209 data in their load tables. They have worked well for me when I could find them.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

used maybe 30,000

some every now and then had the primer film missing on a primer- which I guess didnt matter

Gene

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

They are definitely larger than American brands. I used 20k of them until I couldn't get them anymore and had two bad ones. They chrono'ed consistently 40-50 fps faster than WW209 in the same load.

Buz

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Pull and Mark...

Yes.. they are a little larger but I use them in Rio/Kemen hulls that need a larger primer so it works well.

TB

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Use them all the time---never a misfire. Any number of misses, but not the fault of the primers.

9. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

I have been using them for 20 years, had my first missfire a few weeks ago, never bothered to count how many I have used, but it would be way over 100k, substituted for WIN 209 they run around 50 to 60 FPS faster, to get same speed reduce half grain of powder. I regard them as the best primer I have ever used.
    If you mike them up you will find that they are slightly larger than 209 and tapered. They used to be known as Martingianoni or something like that until Nobel bought the company. you may find in small print on the box Martinianoni Division of Noble Sport. I buy them in sheets of 1000 and decant them into old win 209 trays for easy loading. If you get the 1000 trays get one of your wifes mixing bowls, add a couple of thousand, them grad handfulls and rub over the win trays, three rubs and you have a full 100 tray. They seem to give better ignition and burn the powder cleaner.

Argus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.