1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nobel Peace Prize -- A New Perspective

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pdq, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

Regardless of your political leanings, imagine the following during Pres. BO's Saturday radio address:

"My fellow Americans. Earlier this week I was informed that I'd won the Nobel Peace Prize. This was somewhat stunning given that nominations closed less than two weeks after my election to this office. While at first I was immediately filled with pride, upon further reflection, I feel I must respectfully decline this incredible honor.

You see, I am at the start of my journey, not the end. There are many who have gone before me who have devoted their lives, and in some cases given their lives, in the pursuit of world peace. I am humbled by what they have endured and accomplished, and aspire to be in their company.

With that said, I must respectfully decline the honor, with the fervant hope that over the upcoming years, I and this great country can cause things to happen internationally that will have a profound and lasting consequence. I also wish to thank the electing committee for their consideration of me as a candidate, and hope that I will have a chance to be considered in the future."

If this was broadcasted & he actually refused the prize, can you imagine the incredible impact it would have both in this country and internationally? I think it would be staggeringly positive.

Unfortunately, I doubt it'll ever happen.

Pete

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

You know, when I first heard he'd been named the recipient, that was actually the first thing that entered my mind...that he would hit a home run out of the park by refusing the award, thereby crushing his detractors and putting himself up as some kind of untouchable sacrifice.

Then, I caught myself, and remembered who we were talking about.

3. brownk80

brownk80 Member

NEWS FLASH!!!!!

OBAMA WATCHES FOOTBALL GAME....WINS HEISMAN TROPHY!!

HAS THE SAME CREDITABILITY DOESN'T IT?? OF COURSE AFTER SEEING GORE AND CARTER WIN, WHAT THE HELL GIVE ONE TO EVERYONE.

UNF..KEN BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

It seems a lot of folks...at least those with any sense of class....have had similar thoughts. In his shoes...I can't imagine accepting. To decline would be the really class thing to do. I also immediately thought of the football analogy. Mine is...The team is in a critical playoff...coach benches his star QB...picks me out of the stands, being the "biggest fan"..."the one with the most HOPE". Puts me in for one series of downs where I lead the team NOWHERE. Complete NO passes,and basicaly screw up the whole game. Fast forward to the end of the season,...lo and behold, I'm awarded the Heisman trophy for having HOPED for victory more than anyone else.
    Actually..the truth is more like this...Just as we have seen one after another of Obama's executive picks turn out to be left-over 60's and 70's radicals...so it is in Europe. The continent is now loaded with mature individuals in positions of influence who came out of the 60's communist revolutionary movement that was so rife there. The left-wing loons in Europe didn't just go away, any more than they did here. They went into academia, and into places like the "Nobel Committee" to keep their movement alive. This is truly the Brave New World, and if you're paying attention, it's getting kinda scary....

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

What he should have done, was to accept it on behalf of the US troops keeping peace through out the world and give the 1.4 million dollar prise to the wounded warrior project.

Just a thought....

Jerbear

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

How about....

[​IMG]

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Aint that the truth....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.